Internet issue

Hi everyone,

I live in South Jakarta, Setiabudi and I have a major problem with my internet provider (Globenet or fastel) and the building management as the internet is very unstable and extremely expensive (850 KIDR per month for 10 Mbps), comparing to other providers. I made a lot of complaints with no progress.

I knew that there is an exclusivity agreement with the internet provider and building management, where i cannot find any alternative and pay this huge amount of money every month and for a shitty service. I tried to call several providers but they said that your address is not covered.

The problem that I live in the 39 floor which the use of telecom data even is so bad.

Appreciate you anyone can tell me if there are another ways to get internet at home except ADSL or telekom companies as signal is so bad.

Also i want to escalate this issue and make a complaints to any local authorities, who should i contact?.

Appreciate any feedback, and thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ahmed

I use first media in batam, not sure how widely used they are within Indonesia but they are fantastic 20mbps unlimited + 140 channels most are HD (I don't bother as I use android tv) currently on offer310,000 idr

Indonesia's internet providers are many and varied, and often there's only one choice in any given area.
As with anything, the first thing you have to do is decide what you need - If it's a few emails and reading the news, a couple of GB per month on a mobile network will easily cover your needs, but someone streaming will need faster, unlimited internet.
If it's the former, I'd buy an unlocked mifi unit and keep trying sim cards until I found one that worked.

Agree with gwmeath first media so far quite can count on. Internet quite fast. South Jakarta they should have the line there already, but you can contact first media to make sure