Dress code

I'm thinking about coming to Riyadh to teach in an American school. What would be the dress code in such a situation? I know that I'd have to wear an abayah on the streets outside of the compound. I'm also wondering about the ability to use a computer, access to cable t.v. and movies and if it's legal to use them. How's the grocery shopping and clothes shopping?

Thanks much.

Hi,

Outside of school its an abaya.

Inside American school, british school modest dress will be expected (abaya not compulsory).

Computer, cable TV, movies are all available and you can use without any issues. (internet content is screened for offensive material)

Shopping malls are plenty in number (very modern)and you can use them without any issues. All designer brands are available, Western clothing is very common and available in all shopping malls.

Groceries available you wont have any problems with shopping!! (its a favourite activity for all in Riyadh)

ssoloevent wrote:

I'm thinking about coming to Riyadh to teach in an American school. What would be the dress code in such a situation? I know that I'd have to wear an abayah on the streets outside of the compound. I'm also wondering about the ability to use a computer, access to cable t.v. and movies and if it's legal to use them. How's the grocery shopping and clothes shopping?

Thanks much.

Hey ssoloeent,

Dont worry, everything is available here. You might walk on streets occasionally. In the martkets you need to wear abaya. Such things like computer, cable tv are available much cheaper here. Grocery and clothing is not an issue at all. Just get on board. We are here to help you on your future enquiries.

Best of luck.

hi ssoloeent,
welcome to riyadh , dont worry u wont have any problem here.
the members here are very helpful.
good luck