Qustions about accomodation in Doha

hello,
I'm looking for some preparatory information before moving in, I;m lloking at the online ads and I want to know how housing is classified in Doha in terms of areas I see on the ads a lot of names (mansra, monta, sweeib, mshierb,.saad,...) I don't know where my work area will be which raise another question about traffic and transportation..

Hi and welcome on board AimHi!

I hope other members will help you soon :)

Regards
Armand

travel inside of Doha is eay if you have a car, public transport is a bit pants.

Try West bay area which is where a lot of western expats live If you need specifics give me a PM and I will try and help.

Pete

Dear,

There's plenty of accommodaton in Doha but very little quality accommodation. Here are a few things people place importance on when looking for a home in Doha: proximity to work or places where you hang out after work (15min); central or split unit air conditioning; dedicated parking; gym equipment variety (if you execise); maintenance available in 24h (even if the building is new!).

If you feel that accommodation is a place to sleep in/shower then Qr5500 monthly will do just fine. If you are used to and enjoy living in western standard lifestyle then you have 2 options: lower your expectations or spend more money on your flat rental.

What you may be able to find in Westbay is a small studio in Zig Zag or Ezdan for Qr5500.

Time Out Doha magazine has published a report on the diferent neighborhoods of Doha, what to expect and rental prices. I can forward it to you if you would like.

With best regards, Mina

Thanks Guys,
I really look for the help.. Im now in Doha and I'm in a temporary accommodation near to where I work, I'm in an hotel apartment which is ok..
Thinking of continue renting it (although expensive to service provided)
But people are warning me from going far from where I work because of the traffic.
My work is in Alsad Area and I would keep my search around..
Advices are welcome,

Hi,

Traffic is very hard in Doha specially during school days so try to find a place near to your work. Alsaad area is alreadt=y crowded enough so try not to go far in other crowded places or you can try some a little bit far places like Alrayyan - Muaither