Troubles in opening an Account at NCB (Al-Ahli Bank)

I am a Pakistani citizen living in Saudi Arabia on valid Iqama. I filled online form at NCB Website to apply for a Personal Bank Account. After form filling I print out the unique number assigned to my Iqama and I was informed from the website that required documents to open an account at NCB are

1.Copy of my Passport
2.Original Iqama and copy

I visit NCB Al-Askan Branch Jeddah and the Bank staff asked me for following additional documents and because I don't have those documents with me, they refused to open my account.

>> Letter from my sponsor that states my profession and my salary above 3500 SR. This letter should be attested from Chamber of Commerce as well.

They raise another issue in my documents as well. That my name on my iqama and passport has some difference. My name on passport consit of 3 parts (Family Name, My First Name, My Last Name) while my name on my Iqama consist of 2 parts. (Family Name, My first Name).

They refused to open a Personal account because of that difference. The name difference was a mistake done by the officer of Passport office (الجوازات). However this name differance didn't trouble me any where during my 6 years stay in Saudi Arabia. I went to vacation many times and Immigration officer at airport didn't complaint this mistake. I transfered my sponsorship to another company and none of Govt offices including (Labor Office, Passport Office) refuse to process my documents at any stage. Now my question is..

>>Why Bank staff is asking for additional documents ?
>>Why a bank complain about Name difference at Iqama and Passport while Govt officials didn't

Hi Mirza,

the documents the bank asked for are the standard at any Bank in the Kingdom. websites are not very accurate to information when it comes to the services presented here. and I'm surprised your questioning that after spending 6 years in this country.

regarding the ID issue, if there is no spelling mistake in your name written in the Iqama and the one in your passport, than there shouldn't be a problem, just talk to the branch manager or go to a different branch altogether. yes, sometimes another branch can treat people differently.

I hope this was of help

Salman

Sabb Bank don't ask for all these documents, other than iqama they don't ask other documents. (im sure of that)

Rajhi bank ask few documents but not sponsor letter (heard from friends)

So can you suggest me some good branch in Jeddah? that treat people a little easy?

Sabb bank did ask me for a letter from my employer.
They informed me that it is saudi govt requirement.

This letter is required by all the banks, you cannot open an acocount with this letter, it must be attest fro chamber.

SABB bank, Arab bank will not care about your name, you can try,
But Riyadh, Ahli and others will not open the account, if you have the same issue on iqama.

Thanks for help, my brother opened an account in Sabb without sponsor's letter. He did it recently, about 4 months ago. Ok if I visit there I'll share my experience.

similar issued happened to me also at Riyad Bank, I went to another branch they made up a totally different issue, so i visited another branch and they guy opened  my account without any questions.

By the way if you still have the book Iqama, they will make issues on name otherwise they don't

slyshooter wrote:

similar issued happened to me also at Riyad Bank, I went to another branch they made up a totally different issue, so i visited another branch and they guy opened  my account without any questions.

By the way if you still have the book Iqama, they will make issues on name otherwise they don't

No I don't have book iqama, it is card with me now.

there are NCB branches that are lenient in opening bank accounts. same issue concerning encashing of checks.

new account savig  jedda

Hello firoz78693 -> To note that this thread is old. Do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Saudi Arabia forum with your questions for more visibility. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Dear,

Try another branch, i did open a long time ago from NCB the same way you are doing and they opened it , however they did require me to bring my original passport.

hello i am azhar mahmood before i come to alahli bank they told me to fill online form for account opening

Dear Sir,
        I Want to opining online Account NBC bank for me.
Please kindly accept my request

Mohammed Shohag wrote:

Dear Sir,
        I Want to opining online Account NBC bank for me.
Please kindly accept my request

Request accepted

If a bank is making such a fuss, why take your business to them?
Forget this bank.

Try Saab.

Good luck.

:lol: thank you

pls open new account bank ahli

mohammad.f.h wrote:

pls open new account bank ahli

You are confusing people @slyshooter! :D

slyshooter wrote:

Request accepted

hi ,
i need new opening acount for ncb

vivekraj70 wrote:

hi ,
i need new opening acount for ncb

hello

no one will open your account here, all you need to do is visit a branch :D

i need opening new a/c

Hello usman210,

sorry but i can't help you on that regards.
If you need to open a bank account, i'd advise you to visit a local bank.

Regards,

Francesca

[Moderated: Post off topic]

Sajjad ahmad tahta bai mardan

Hi  s.a.j.j.a.d a.h.a.m.a.d,

Can you please post in English language as this is an Anglophone forum. :)

Thank you,

David.

I open new salary bank account

Hi MURUGESAN VELLASAMY!

So?
Could you please introduce yourself and start a new thread if you have any question?

Thanks
Armand

zafar iqbal  iam the open account

Hello zafar iqbal muhmmad inaya.

Do you have any specific questions?

Thanks

Karen.

new  account  opening

Hi i.maideen,

Please can you write an introduction yourself and how we can be helpful you? :)

Thank you,

David.

plz i need open new NCB ACCOUNT PLZ HELP ME.

PLZ CLOSE MY QUICKPAY ACCOUNT.

Hello everyone,

I think you should visit a local bank if you want to open an account or close an account.

As this is an old thread, i will close it. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to start a new topic on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

Closed