Gym With Reasonable Noise Level

Unfortunately I joined a gym without checking out their " music " - if it could be called that .criteria. It is just horrendous noise at ridiculous decibel levels . Honestly dont know what is wrong with those people ! Sound like a building site but much much louder . One of the reasons I go to the gym is to get away from my room which is on a building site anyway ! Anyone recommend a gym in D 1 ,3 or Phu Nhuan with a tolerable noise level

Hi,

Check out the following:

1. California fitness & yoga at Lim Tower cach mang thang 8 street in D3.
2. Gym One at 247 Dien Bien Phu street D3.

I hear ya. Many expats have left our gym due to the nightclub level of music. I keep earplugs in my bag, it all depends on which mindless bimbo is in control of the music whether I use them or not.

I wonder if, between the traffic noise and the electronic music, Vietnam is facing an epidemic of hearing loss some 30 years down the road.  The effect is delayed.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Elite Fitness in Vincom

It's a problem with gyms all over Vietnam. Do they need eardrum splitting noise levels to get motivated. Some are louder than others, but every single one I have been (probably 2 or 3 dozen) to was way too loud for my taste. And these inane disco style music they play. Get a fit body and a muddled mind seems to be the motto.

thecyclist wrote:

It's a problem with gyms all over Vietnam. Do they need eardrum splitting noise levels to get motivated. Some are louder than others, but every single one I have been (probably 2 or 3 dozen) to was way too loud for my taste. And these inane disco style music they play. Get a fit body and a muddled mind seems to be the motto.

Its not disco, it's called EDM.

Mach's gym at 1 Huyền Trân Công Chúa, P Ben Thanh, Q1
They have gym anthems at a very acceptable level and muted movies. Their gear is forever changing, as better stuff comes in the older stuff goes out . The changing room is ok . They have reasonably safe lockers on the gym floor, rather than the changing room. They do protein drinks at their 1970's style bar and Mach, the former Olympic body building gold medallist, comes in occasionally . His two lovely sisters work at the reception, and they speak good English .