A safe whereabout to practice playing guitar

I wanted to ask if any of you knows where a guy and a girl can practice playing guitar without being bothered in Saudi?

middle of the desert :)

haha i wish it was that easy to even go to the desert :)

Hence proved :D

at home.. i guess

in your embassy... or around diplomatic quarters

At Kamii's! :P

So what do you play? (music wise)
And what kind of guitar do you have?

SaQiB, I think its rude to show up at someone's door without an invitation, no?
Nouman, i play Alternate Rock and Indie Rock music mostly and i have a YAMAHA acoustic guitar

what kind of music do you play?

urgh... i'm failure in strumming a guitar!!!!

I just sit and fool around with my guitar, and try to entertain myself. Sounds I make are inspired by everything from Alt. Rock / Heavy Metal to Horn players like Miles Davis or John Coltrane.

I have a cheap Pluto Acoustic and an Ibanez RG320 that I plug into a Roland Microcube.

Hmmm if I was in that situation, playing guitar is not the only thing we would practice....lol :dumbom:

I think in western compounds you can try. You can rent venues like the ones with pools (don't know the exact term). If we can only push the jamming session we planned before, but the same problem comes out.

Good luck.

We'd still need someone who lives at a western compound to sponsor us to play there or at their place. I dont think we'd need a full equipment installed since its going to start as discovering what kind of music genre everyone plays and their way of playing.
Any suggestions?

So I'm moving to KKESH soon and was planning on bringing my guitar with me. Will I be able to practice in my apartment?

Of course you will be.. it's your apartment! The question is can you receive guests who would want to jam with you :) ?

Thanks! Trust me I just learning so no where close to jammin!

It's not like I'm the best out there.. Consider it a couple of ok guitar playing people having a nice time :)