How do you pronounce 'Lytchett'

Is it 'Lye-chette' as in:

(1) - https://youtu.be/1q9WT0BdBB4?t=7   

Or 'Lichette' as in:

(2) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RNzxLmL2a8

Only need to listen to video for 5-6 seconds to hear the pronunciations. I've adjusted the start time on first youtube clip.

They don't say Lyechette or Lichette, they say Lytchett (correctly in English)

In old English, they would sometimes pronounce the "E" on the end of a word, but that was really confusing and has been dropped in Modern English and become what is now known as a "silent E" - you don't say it.  However, people like me who speak more than 1 language tend to pick up the habits of those languages and would probably pronounce the "E".

Wikipedia has a page about it here.

Cynic wrote:

In old English, they would sometimes pronounce the "E" on the end of a word, but that was really confusing and has been dropped in Modern English and become what is now known as a "silent E" - you don't say it.  However, people like me who speak more than 1 language tend to pick up the habits of those languages and would probably pronounce the "E".

So, which video clip is the correct pronunciation?...They both pronounce 'Lytchett' differently.

HenryJo wrote:
Cynic wrote:

So, which video clip is the correct pronunciation?...Each one pronounce 'Lytchett' differently.

I would guess it depends where you are from, even English would say it different.

Do you say Barth or Bath? grarss or grass?

SimCityAT wrote:
HenryJo wrote:
Cynic wrote:

So, which video clip is the correct pronunciation?...Each one pronounce 'Lytchett' differently.

I would guess it depends where you are from, even English would say it different.

Would you say the narrators of the two clips had much regional variation in their accents?....the second clip sounds a bit posher!

edit: 1st clip @22 seconds. Just listened to how she says 'BUs stop'..sounds like she's northern orignally but moved to the south and picked-up a more southern accent.

SimCityAT wrote:
HenryJo wrote:
Cynic wrote:

I'm a Londoner (not a Cockney), so the "a" become "ar".  :/

Cynic wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
HenryJo wrote:

Arse as opposed to ass?

HenryJo wrote:
Cynic wrote:

So, which video clip is the correct pronunciation?...They both pronounce 'Lytchett' differently.

Ah - so you mean the "Y" bit; well, in English, the letter "Y" at the start of a word is said like "je" (like yacht).  Many words that have the "Y" in the middle (so Gym, myth") it sounds like an "I" (as in Jim), but on the end, it reflects changes to vowels it changes the pronunciation (like "bay"), or can add an "ee" (as in "many") to the end.

So to answer your question, the 2nd link you provided is correct.

HenryJo wrote:
Cynic wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Arse as opposed to ass?

Yes.

HenryJo wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
HenryJo wrote:

Would you say the narrators of the two clips had much regional variation in their accents?....the second clip sounds a bit posher!

edit: 1st clip @22 seconds. Just listened to how she says 'BUs stop'..sounds like she's northern orignally but moved to the south and picked-up a more southern accent.

That's what I would have described as a southern accent, so perhaps Avon, Hampshire, Wiltshire, maybe northern/eastern Somerset region; it's not quite as bad as West Somerset/Devon.

My English has got a bit confused; because I speak Dutch more and more, I tend to say words in the Dutch way, so I will say words ending in "ed" as distinct letters.  I say Dutch-German words as they would say them; so I don't day Cologne, I say Koln; I don't say Flushing, I say Vlissingen, I don't say Munich etc etc etc.

Cynic wrote:

My English has got a bit confused; because I speak Dutch more and more, I tend to say words in the Dutch way, so I will say words ending in "ed" as distinct letters.  I say Dutch-German words as they would say them; so I don't day Cologne, I say Koln; I don't say Flushing, I say Vlissingen, I don't say Munich etc etc etc.

Welsh is worse lol

Cynic wrote:
HenryJo wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

That's what I would have described as a southern accent, so perhaps Avon, Hampshire, Wiltshire, maybe northern/eastern Somerset region; it's not quite as bad as West Somerset/Devon.

yeah, you're right. definitely Somerset region. Although, must say, I'm not completely familiar with the northern/eastern Somerset accent and West Somerset/Devon accent.  I've only heard a few accent's from Somerset, and some of her words sound a bit like the accents' I've heard.
I listened a bit more into the video where she says 'I'll take you all the way round' (it's at about 3min 18secs in to video).

BTW, when you say 'perhaps Avon, Hampshire, Wiltshire, maybe northern/eastern Somerset region; it's not quite as bad as West Somerset/Devon.' Do you mean one of those accents or a mixture of those accents?