Job Hunt in Netherlands

Hello everyone.  I am a Filipino and currently working in Osaka, Japan as a caregiver.  When I was in the Philippines, I used to do office works.

I have been actively searching for a job in Netherlands.  It could caregiving jobs, baby sitting. Or any office jobs.

I just want to ask if there is a chance to get a job in Netherlands even though I am still here in Japan? Like are there agencies that could help me? Or do I have to get to Netherlands first?

Thank you for your time reading my post.  If anyone could answer me, I would really appreciate your help. :)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of this page is our Discover section; if you select that, you'll get access to our Netherlands Guide, read that and it will give you some information that you may find useful in planning your journey.

To answer your specific questions:

Long range job searching is always problematic; the moment they realise you can't start work tomorrow and don't speak the local language, they lose interest quickly.

The main problem for a person who has to work and doesn't have a whole lot of money behind them is going through the MVV visa/work-permit process (which can take up to 90 days) and passing the Dutch language exam necessary to get the visa.

But all that said, many people from your homeland do it every year, so hopefully, someone will come along shortly and tell you what they did.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team