2nd job

Hi

I'm in full time employment working 37 hours a week but i'm looking for a second job..

I work in Engineering for a company in Almere but would like to get a part time/weekend job doing any type of work.

Does anyone know of any bar work,cafe work etc etc that is available in the Amsterdam area? And whats the tax situation like with a 2nd job

Lee

plugster wrote:

Hi

I'm in full time employment working 37 hours a week but i'm looking for a second job..

I work in Engineering for a company in Almere but would like to get a part time/weekend job doing any type of work.

Does anyone know of any bar work,cafe work etc etc that is available in the Amsterdam area? And whats the tax situation like with a 2nd job

Lee

Hi Lee,

Best bet is to go around the local bars and ask (that's what my daughter did); not sure how you'll get on though as it's out of season and the outside terraces will be shut (so not need so much staff).

Tax - unless you work on the black (not unknown for part-time bar work), it will be added to you income and taxed at whatever rate for your band; you'll also pay social taxes on it - probably the reason why so much of the work is on the black.

You also should check your contract with your main job; many preclude you working additional hours as it may put you over the Working Time Directive and be illegal.

Hope this helps.