Trip to the edge of the world outside riyadh

Recently quite a few people have asked me the directions towards the edge of the world which is outside Riyadh, since the path is a very trick one.

How about if we guys arrange a trip to edge of the world? I know the location, and it would be a great opportunity to meet up and explore the place. 4x4 vehicles are needed for the trip, but even if you don't have, you can bring your car and park on the main road and the share the ride with someone who has 4x4. Date, suggestions and inputs will be appreciated.

hey Arbab, can you share the coordinates of the place?

Coordinates

N: 24 56' 31.9"
E:045 59' 31.2"

Directions
At Kingdom Tower, Olaya, Riyadh, set your odometer at Zero. Take the Uruba Road (west) and watch for the signboard 'King Khalid Eye Hospital' (KKEH).

At 3.7 km you will get an exit to Madinah/Qassim at the KKEH.
Follow this road which after 10 km leads to Salbouk.

At 34.5 km you will get an exit to Sadous/Jubayla. Take this exit and head to Sadous. You will pass by Jubayla, Uyainah and Hegra.

At 66.5 km (which is 24.5 km from Jubayla) turn left to an off-road. After entering this path, on your left side is iron fence, and you may follow the track (towards west, turning slightly to your right) until you reach a fenced area with a gate at 7.5 km from the main road.

Enter the gate, turn right and follow any convenient track for 22 km heading towards west. You are in Edge of the World.

WARNING
I would not recommend this visit in the summer months - ie from Now to September. October onwards is fine.
To appreciate the view you have to see it during the day light hours and with the current temp it is not recommended!!

@Saudi UK: Thanks very much,really usefull info :)

whats the risk during summers?due to hot weather or some other reasons?

Yes - its the hot weather...walking around to appreciate the scenery in the summer months is not advisable...the ground & rocks become extremely hot...so makes it very unpleasant.

Well, whoever is going to the 'Edge of the World' trip,in the next couple of weeks please let me know. It's one of the things I haven't done, yet.

SaudiUK wrote:

Coordinates

N: 24 56' 31.9"
E:045 59' 31.2"

Directions
At Kingdom Tower, Olaya, Riyadh, set your odometer at Zero. Take the Uruba Road (west) and watch for the signboard 'King Khalid Eye Hospital' (KKEH).

At 3.7 km you will get an exit to Madinah/Qassim at the KKEH.
Follow this road which after 10 km leads to Salbouk.

At 34.5 km you will get an exit to Sadous/Jubayla. Take this exit and head to Sadous. You will pass by Jubayla, Uyainah and Hegra.

At 66.5 km (which is 24.5 km from Jubayla) turn left to an off-road. After entering this path, on your left side is iron fence, and you may follow the track (towards west, turning slightly to your right) until you reach a fenced area with a gate at 7.5 km from the main road.

Enter the gate, turn right and follow any convenient track for 22 km heading towards west. You are in Edge of the World.

WARNING
I would not recommend this visit in the summer months - ie from Now to September. October onwards is fine.
To appreciate the view you have to see it during the day light hours and with the current temp it is not recommended!!

I totally beg to differ with not visiting the place in summer. The worse case is to try and visit the place in rainy season, and believe me it rains pretty frequently there even in summer. It even rained last week there when we visited. You don't want to end up with your vehicle stuck in the sand and mud with no population around for miles and no network coverage for your cell phone. upon a similar advice as yours, We tried to visit the place twice in winter last year and failed because, due to rains... the off road tracks disappear and are so muddy that anyone can lose the tracks which are already too tricky.

So, my suggestion is to visit the place when you are sure that its not going to rain, which is summer. Secondly you are visiting the cliffs and rocks, what should one expect? Isterahas with swimming pools and ACs or perhaps gardens of roses and wild flowers? :P

xain wrote:

whats the risk during summers?due to hot weather or some other reasons?

Yes, the hot weather is 1 reason not to visit the place. But it is a far better option then visiting the place in winter and losing tracks, getting your vehicle stuck in the mud in the middle of no where. And mind you there is no network coverage in that area also specially when it is cloudy or rainy.

Hi,

I have seen some of the pictures for this site and it looks totaly amazing.  It's on my (short) list of things to cover while I am here :cool:

If I get the chance I will be looking in to hiring a 4x4 for a weekend just to get out to this place and also to see the suspension bridge.  If there is likely to be some convoy weekend then please post as I don't fancy the walk if I get stuck ;)

went there last week - was amazing

heard of this place long time back but never gone :(
would love to go if theres a plan

shahab.ali wrote:

heard of this place long time back but never gone :(
would love to go if theres a plan

I'm up for it on any given weekend. Keeping in mind that one whole day is needed from morning till sunset.

I am in if there is any plan to visit.

hi

i have been there 2 months ago it was nice , i got an FJ cruiser

Can i join?

SaudiUk...how come u know everything :)???:)

nonz wrote:

SaudiUk...how come u know everything :)???:)

???? I wish i did :)

Anyway this place is absolutely stunning, some of the best views you will see.

Now thats a spot to check out for sure!!!

only here for a month, but i would really love to go see it and since i don't know anyone else here, i guess finding a group on here may be my best option to get there.

I would be up for it!!  Just let me know when and where :top:

Hello Guys ,
recently heard about the edge , still interested to visit it ?

it seems so interesting , i have 4*4 , maybe we need additional 4*4 and that will be enough ,

cheers

Here is a complete guide to the edge of the world with directions how to get there from Riyadh:

Guide To The Edge Of The World Riyadh

dang it why does it have to be so far i dont have a car and i dont drive ......

Hash Harriers are going on Friday!

Thanks Laylah for the link. Definitely this place is worth visiting, the views are excellent.

Martin Fin wrote:

Hash Harriers are going on Friday!

Hey Martin.... u got any contacts for the Hash Harriers ? I wanna get in...

ditto on that. have a 4x4 to take too

They are going tomorrow actually, there is a camp-out!
One of the nicest camp-outs around Riyadh..

yeah, but i dont have a tent and all the stuff, so ill make the next campout :( i just wanna go for hte friday fun this time hah.

Laylah wrote:

They are going tomorrow actually, there is a camp-out!
One of the nicest camp-outs around Riyadh..

Is it possible for 2 more guys to join in tomorrow....
Could you please PM me the contact for the organizer ?