Photography club/ writing group

Hello all,

I've been in Kampala for almost a year and I am a keen photographer in my down time (I keep a photo blog http://ellamr2.wordpress.com). I am thinking of trying to organise a photography club or a writing group with like-minded people.

Would anyone be interested?

Ella
[email protected]

Hi Ella,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get lots of replies very soon.

Hi. My name's Madge, Kenyan by nationality and I travel often between kampala, nairobi and the west nile. Someone was kind enough to relieve me of my digicam. Am currently saving bit by bit to acquire another. Once this is done, I'll drop you a line. Working with the film camera, (remember them? the ones that you have to change the batteries, film, take the negatives for processing...) is so not much fun at all.

I take the weirdest of them, especially when my subjects are unawares. Gives me a kick!! But I've never had any idea what to do with them so I just swoon over them and delete them once the memory is full. Silly, right?

Madge,

You should not delete them, that's for sure!
Drop me a line when you have one or before if you just want to have a chat next time you are in Kampala.

Ella

I surely will drop two :) when am in kampala next. Been so busy and I need to get out of the village soon before I go bonkers, so I hope that will be soon.

Hello Ella,
I'm French and been living in Kampala for 3 months now. I was looking for some photography lessons but I'm also interested in sharing about it!
Don't hesitate to contact me!

Hi Ella,

Great blog - loving the photos!

I've been living in Kampala for 3 years, teaching at an International School. I plan to be around for at least another year.

I'm not sure what you were looking for with you photography club, but I would love to learn how to use my camera properly and get out of the 'Auto' mode. Are you keen to set up some lessons for people, or are you looking to share expertise with more experienced photographers?

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can meet up sometime (although I am about to head off to the UK for about 6 weeks - but will be back in early August).

Good luck,

Ali x

HI Ella
thats a good idea.... i would really be interesting in joining though my writing is not really good :-),i think i will stick to the camera.
Please let me know how it will work.:-)

Farida