Contrato de aquiler

Hey there guys!

Has anyone had any luck recently with getting a "contrato de aquiler" that meets the requirements of the "certificado de vida y residencia"?

In particular, does the "contratos de alquiler" need to have a minimum term eg 6 months, 12 months to prove residency?

Thanks in advance for any help people :)

They never asked me for a contract just issued the certificate.

Tucanoprod wrote:

They never asked me for a contract just issued the certificate.

Thanks for sharing mate!

The form specifically says now that a contract is needed, but I am not sure how strictly it is enforced.  I might try and get a contract just in case.  Wish me luck!

When I got my first certificate in 2017 (for my residency application), foreigners did not require a rental contract.
However, when I needed a new certificate in 2018 (for my cédula), the form had changed, and it is now required.
I don't have a contract with my landlord, but he does give me a receipt each month, and they did accept that in place of a contract.

I cannot market services here. So, during the last couple of months, there were around 4-7 cedula applications and they did not ask for the rental contracts. However, if your personal experience will be different, please, please let us know here or in pm. Thank you very much.

Not the cédula application. The Vida and residência certificate is required for the cédula application; if your visa and residência certificate has expired, you need a new one for your cédula application. And the latest Vida & residência certificate application requires a copy of a rental contract. However, the local police accepted a copy of my rental payment receipt in place of this.

LCan wrote:

When I got my first certificate in 2017 (for my residency application), foreigners did not require a rental contract.
However, when I needed a new certificate in 2018 (for my cédula), the form had changed, and it is now required.
I don't have a contract with my landlord, but he does give me a receipt each month, and they did accept that in place of a contract.

Thanks LCan - your explanation helps to resolve some of my confusion!  I was wondering why the process seemed a bit more complicated than previous applicants had indicated.

It is good to know that a receipt must be accepted.

It would be best to check with your local police station if they'll accept a receipt. (I got mine in Mariano Roque Alonso, because that's where I live).
In my experience, Paraguayans have always been friendly and helpful, if you're friendly and respectful with them.
I hope all goes well!

Correction: I meant to say "It is good to know that a receipt MIGHT be accepted.

I can confirm that the local police station accepted a monthly rental receipt, but the receipt needed to include a street address that matched the street address in the form.

Thanks again for your help Lcan.  My experience has also been that Paraguayans are generally friendly and helpful if I am friendly and respectful with them.