How to get an internet connection in newly-purchased property

Buenos dias!

We've just bought a place in a pueblo in east Tenerife and need to get an internet connection. We don't want fixed or mobile phones, and obviously want the best speed/cost combination available. I've searched our address and it appears that fibra is not yet available at our address. There is already a fixed line Movistar connection at the address; the previous owner had Movistar basic internet.

Despite speaking fluent Spanish and searching on Movistar and other websites, I can't find the basic information: how to get a new internet connection. Any pointers very welcome!

Muchas gracias! :)

Find a Movistar shop, go there and ask them to have Internet, you will need an ID, a NIE number, and a Spanish Bank Account Number (it is the easiest way)

Thanks, Marnie - much appreciated. I've got a NIE and Spanish bank account.

Do you know if there is any lead-in time e.g. reactivating the line? We just have a few days there, so I'm trying to organize in advance.

rudannamh wrote:

Thanks, Marnie - much appreciated. I've got a NIE and Spanish bank account.

Do you know if there is any lead-in time e.g. reactivating the line? We just have a few days there, so I'm trying to organize in advance.

The time really depends on the city, the infrastructure, is there a technician available (For me even for an activation, they send a technician to install the box and test everything) ... as it is just an activation it should be fast (they will give you a lead time at the shop)

Thank you. This is a little pueblo so the tecnico may get lost! :)

I'll try calling a few more Movistar shops - I did so this morning and got no response.

rudannamh wrote:

Thank you. This is a little pueblo so the tecnico may get lost! :)

I'll try calling a few more Movistar shops - I did so this morning and got no response.

They almost never answer the best is to go directly and check with them