Land for sale or rentq

looking to build a home and farm for my family and neighbors near water lots of fish were would be a good place and cheap too

pls contact me if you still didn't find any

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Have not found anything yet looking next summer to see the land and the area does not need to be a rich area average is good

Not easy to find such dream

1. land for house is limited by law in a very low scale of sqm, Needs realy deep Research what and how it works. As well Needs to be Ethiopian!!!

2. ok, you can request land via a Investment licience for a farm and you have the right to build a house (same Counts for lodge or Camping) but this will require to fit 100% the Investment criterias, such as min. capital etc, for excample for non Ethiopian in agriculture 200.000 USD

So going Point 2 is not easy, the Business should be in the centre and not the house, this Comes if you are successfull!

3. if you move outside, as a move into the green you will face some Problems i want to Point out
a. you will move into a local communety, do People welcome you, do they have Problems with your culture etc. You ust look deep deep deep into this!
b. capaceties- you must find Solutions for water and electric power, ok technicaly possible today but is additional costs
c. construction - Transport is for sure one of the most Important and expensive parts in construction. Your self Needs to move, go to Shops, rent trucks etc

When it Comes to Water, even more difficult, every boddy wants water and as well fish!

some thoughts
a. Awash, arround Adama (Nazareth) and down the Awash river, nice area, quite dry, but fast to reach Addis Abab. Most land left and right is used by local farmers, you must go 2nd line, but fine this should be only 300 meter!

b. Langano, all land is gone! We are to late

c. Arba Minch, limited by the national park and remaining land is reserved for Investors in tourism or agriculture! by the way one of the Island in lake abaya is free and under Marketing by Arba Minch Investment Office. Near lake Tshamo is also a land under a bank, was or was planed to be a croccodiel farm!

d. up in the North. No idea

e. Hawassa, most gone, maybe on the airport shore, but water permit will be difficult to receive from lake!

Oliver

Ahayahslove wrote:

Have not found anything yet looking next summer to see the land and the area does not need to be a rich area average is good

i have been nearly all my life working on land, my experince never make a compromise in the land recrutment, it will come back to you and you will have to pay the bill...meaning "does not be a rich area..." consider every compromise on the land question as a risk for your self!

As well never state such things towards officials when you discuss land, they will jump on you and provide you land they have since years in there draw and can not get some one on this, they Need only the success "see alll, I have found a Investor" after this they will never help you or even have a understanding of your work and struggel!

Go for the best, land stays a life time with you and all is given, you have limited ways to Change land, it is not as a car buy and sell....

oliver