Convert kits to kitap should i obtain (NPWP) ?

hello guys,
I want convert my kitas sponsred by local wife to kitap next moth so i'm wondering about the tax decleration (NPWP) and the health insurance also is it mandatory to apply for kitap? , the immigration officer ask me about that while i  renewed my kitas twice,but i told him i don't have any income  cuz i'm not working here.
- can i download all forms to fill it before i visit the immigration office,cuz i' m living far away in west burneo about 4 hours to reach there by buss.

alwaziry22 wrote:

hello guys, .

Hi

alwaziry22 wrote:

I want convert my kitas sponsred by local wife to kitap next moth

Let's make sure you can.
If you have been married for two years or more, and the holder of a wife sponsored KITAS for two years, you can apply for a KITAP

alwaziry22 wrote:

i'm wondering about the tax decleration (NPWP) and the health insurance

It's quick, easy and no headache to apply for the tax number - Took me about 30 minutes and there's no issue either way if you don't have a local income.
As for health insurance, up to you but I'd be tempted to have at least BPJS for emergencies. It's cheap but could save your life.

alwaziry22 wrote:

the immigration officer ask me about that while i  renewed my kitas twice,but i told him i don't have any income  cuz i'm not working here..

Never hurts to keep immigration happy, especially when it costs nothing but a bit of time to do so.

alwaziry22 wrote:

- can i download all forms to fill it before i visit the immigration office,cuz i' m living far away in west burneo about 4 hours to reach there by buss.

Last time I did this (and that was 7 years ago) the forms were numbered, that meaning downloaded forms would be useless. 
The good news is the things are free of charge, as is the folder.

Immigration info here
http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/

Things to take with you:
Your wife
Your wife's KTP + Photocopy
Your passport + Photocopies of all visa pages and ID page
Your birth certificate + Photocopy
Your KITAS + Photocopy
Photocopy of your old KITAS (If you have them)
Marriage documents + Photocopy
SKTT + photocopy
Everything else you can think of in case they ask for something you didn't think they'd need

You might well have to be interviewed by an immigration officer and he may ask you for proof of income, but these aren't set in stone and the interview might well be very casual.

Read this (or at least the bits that apply)
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 06#4309900

.............. Edited as not applicable ..........

Back to the tax - some say you should have it, some don't mention it, but my suggestion remains - do it anyway as it's easy and no problem.

To the thread, I'm unsure as to legal position but it's simple and easy to get the tax number, and no income means it won't be an problem for the OP, so probably best just to do it and keep the officer happy.

thank you so much Fred for your suffecient informations and tips.