ATMs not having cash

For the past 6 weeks, only 1 time in 5 tries have I been able to get money from an ATM. During the past year I never had a problem. Fifty times I withdrew money with no problem. Now on every day of the week the machines do not have cash in them. Having to try 5 machines before I can find one with money is getting old. Have other people noticed this recently? It applies to all bank ATMs. Which means the banks have stopped loading cash in the machines as they used to do. I spoke to 2 banks about there machines not having cash, and they simply said they would do the cash transaction for me for 4 percent charge. I am wondering if this is why they no longer put money in the ATMs, so they can get 4 percent when you need cash. Let me know if anyone else has been having this problem. It is not my card, because it works fine at all ATMs when there is cash in the machine.

Now that you mention it, I have noticed longer lines at the ATMs in general.
I try to only use Socombank and while I've had to wait longer, there seems to be no significant difference in the number that are closed for no cash.

I mean I do look at the ATMs I use as I pass to see if they have a sign up or not, even if I don't need cash. In that I have not seen any difference.

Thanks for your response. I didn't have this problem for the past year with ATMs not having cash. Maybe I was just lucky. I will just have to be patient and hope the banks start putting cash in the ATMs more frequently.  Thanks.

Just curious...

That 4% charge is in the range of normal for a credit card cash advance, so I'm wondering if that's what you are doing, and not a straight cash withdrawal from a checking/savings account somewhere?

Huh.  Didn't even think of that.  You're probably correct, cc advance it must have been.

What do you say, OP?

Since August 2018 several banks stopped serving foreign cards for reasons unknown. I've seen a number of reports from all over the country and seriously doubt it is about not putting cash into ATMs.

Thanks for the info.