Close

Best bank for receiving incoming USD/EU wire transfers?

Given up trying to open an account with HSBC, any other recommendations?

Why don't you just use Western Union, no need to open a bank account.

Zoom is cheaper

Xoom

colinoscapee :

Why don't you just use Western Union, no need to open a bank account.

My accounts will only transfer to another financial institution in my name so Western Union wont work.

garyww :

Xoom

I've used Xoom but you need a receiving bank in the coutnry youre in.

I use Xoom here and have never needed a bank account. It is immediately sent to Sacom (sp) amici can pick it up with my passport. Only $2.99

If you have a friend you can transfer to in your home country, then get them to send via Western Union, it's an option.

garyww :

I use Xoom here and have never needed a bank account. It is immediately sent to Sacom (sp) amici can pick it up with my passport. Only $2.99

So you use Xoom to transfer money to Sacom Bank without a bank account? 

What do you mean by 'amici can pick up...'?

I set it up for them to take colorectal from my bank account. Security seems pretty tight.
Love word finder. It directly from my.bank account

colinoscapee :

If you have a friend you can transfer to in your home country, then get them to send via Western Union, it's an option.

That's a possibility though I would rather not impose on them to do this regularly.

garyww :

I set it up for them to take colorectal from my bank account. Security seems pretty tight.
Love word finder. It directly from my.bank account

'Colorectal'?  Are you being humorous or am I missing something here?

My word finder picked that when I typed "it directly". Too funny To take out.

garyww :

My word finder picked that when I typed "it directly". Too funny To take out.

So Xoom takes directly from your bank account and transfers to Sacom bank where you dont have a bank account?

If that's correct, how do you pick up the money without of a lot of verbal gymnastics wth the VN tellers at Sacom bank?

A search online would have given you this,you can thank me later.

Recipients do not need a Sacombank account to receive a Xoom.com money transfer. To pick up the money, the recipient can simply go to any Sacombank branch location in Vietnam and present a valid form of ID.
In addition to Sacombank locations, Xoom.com also offers cash pickup at Phuong Nam Bank, Techcombank, VIP 24, Vietnam International Bank and Saigon. Xoom.com also offers home delivery within Ho Chi Minh City.

You can only receive VND as far as I'm aware as its a Paypal company and PayPal won't send USD to Viet Nam.

colinoscapee :

A search online would have given you this,you can thank me later.

Recipients do not need a Sacombank account to receive a Xoom.com money transfer. To pick up the money, the recipient can simply go to any Sacombank branch location in Vietnam and present a valid form of ID.
In addition to Sacombank locations, Xoom.com also offers cash pickup at Phuong Nam Bank, Techcombank, VIP 24, Vietnam International Bank and Saigon. Xoom.com also offers home delivery within Ho Chi Minh City.

You can only receive VND as far as I'm aware as its a Paypal company and PayPal won't send USD to Viet Nam.

Have you tried it and is it as easy,hassle-free as it sounds?

Yes.it takes 15 minutes for them to.mess with the non computerized paper work but pretty painless

garyww :

Yes.it takes 15 minutes for them to.mess with the non computerized paper work but pretty painless

Am I correct in saying it's only paid in VND, as that seems to be Paypals policy.

garyww :

That sounds great and almost too good to be true :-)

So do you just go to the branch, show your passport and say 'Xoom transfer' or is there other paperwork you need to show?

Correct. You.must get set up with Xoom.first.

Expatriate health insurance in Da Nang

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Da Nang

Moving to Da Nang

Find tips from professionals about moving to Da Nang

Travel insurance in Da Nang

Enjoy stress-free travel to Da Nang