Fiancé on student visa i wanna come along . please help

hello 🙂

i have a bit situation , and i will be happy for any information / help.

My fiancé is going to Mauritius, to study abroad,
when we were deciding for him to apply , we quickly checked how is with my visa ( I am Slovenian ) and it was writen visa FREE.  maybe beacuse, i am coming in india for 3years already and visa is needed but you can stay there throught all year every 6months out of country and you can be back in a week, i thought if there is visa FREE and only mentioning passporte validity 6 months, that i can fly to Madagaskar after 6months stay there for 2-3 day and come back to Mauritius fooooolish me ! i know ! i read all about it NOW , when my man is already accepted in university and we just signing a contract for housing and buying tickets to fly there in one month ,
what to do ? can he sponsore me as a student ?
what can be done that i can live with him in Mauritius for 2 years till end of his studies ? is this possible ,  beacuse if i understand right in this 2years i can be there only 1year !!?

please sheare your opinion 🙏🏼

Thank you very much.

Godbless

Ana

Hello,

A student visa doesn't hold dependents, which means he won't be able sponsor you.

To stay longer than the 6 months max, allowed per calendar year, you will either have to enroll as a student yourself or find a job that will grant you a permit to live long term on the island.

Of course, there this trick of going out to Madagascar or any other country at the very beginning of a new year and then coming back to live another 6 months, but this totals to max 1 year.

thank you for reply :)