People who suffered at the hands of sahir in KSA

Its not officially announced yet but a source very close to the company who implemented the camera systems in riyadh told me that there is a good news and a bad news.

The good news is, Saudi gov has decided to be very lenient for over speeding because there was too much pressure from different communities and ministries. The gov has already changed the speed limits from 70 to 80km/hr at the most roads and still there is a leniency of 10km+ on 80. They have decreased the numbers of moving cameras which will gradually decrease more with the time. No wonder, we don't see much vehicles with cameras now a days. However the cameras at the signals will remain effective but will flash only once someone crosses the red light and not on the yellow light.

The bad news is, saudi gov is in the process of implementing a new system in which every driving license holder will have a certain limit of 'flashes' or 'tickets' per year. For example, if he gets flashed 10 times in a year or gets 10 traffic tickets, he will get his driving license suspended for a certain period of time. Developments are still in process for this system and details will come out soon.

Off topic, but the gov is also seriously thinking to allow only one driving vehicle for one family in the capital city. Metro train system is also going to be implemented in very near future. And, bullet train tracks are under construction from Riyadh to jeddah at this very moment. Traveling at 500 KM/hr from riyadh to jeddah, does this idea enthralls anyone?

The Sahar delevopments are under discussion and very difficult to implement. (we do have a point system in the UK, for every offence you get three points, which are recorded on your license and vaild for 3 years. Get 12 points on your license within a 3 year period and you are disqualified from driving)

But I must say that no matter how much we may dislike Sahar, its done wonders to the traffic system, and any leniency in the system will only encourage more bad driving,

To get people to use the train it needs to 1. effective 2. reliable 3. cost advantageous  - all 3 are huge challenges in present KSA.

The train will be a long term project and cannot see it being implemented in the next few years!

yeh the metro trains within the city are going to be a big ask. I dont know how they are going to construct considering the amount of traffic we have.

But the train between riyadh and jeddah, the work and construction has already begun and i believe the service will start in next 8-10 months.

Train between Riyadh and Jeddah .... :D

the train in Masha'yr Makkah is not completed 100% and its just short rail ways.

no train will begin within 5 years.

Its Saudia construction

alot money
but mindless :lol:

Arbab, that's a lot of wishful thinking brother

all these possibilities of trains, but then by the time it gets implemented, we might all be gone..

Ruh- Dmm train, do the trip kinda frequently, but still hate the way that it takes 5 hrs+! just two stops on the way but still they just stop the train for goods trains..