Documents Needed for Residence Permit Renewal

Dear Expats,

I believe many members in our community might have gone through the renewal process of Residence Permit in Brussels.
Hence could you please help me out with the documents required to renew or extend residence permit ?

Regards
Sandy

Renewed work permit, CPAS document that you didn't avail social security (unemployment) benefit in the previous year, a police clearance certificate, insurance attestation (that you are still subscribed to a mutuality) — these are the standard documents needed. Commune will suggest what all documents they need exactly. . Police certificate normally the commune gets directly from the department.

Visit your commune for exact documentation requirements.

Aneesh, as always, has covered everything. The list of documents required is different for each commune so it's better to go there and confirm. I did my renewal coupe months ago in Liege and here are the steps for it :

1. Get the work permit renewed by the employer.. Apply atleast 1.5 months in advance of expiry.
Documents required : Medical certificate & Work contract (other documents arranged by employer)

2. After you recieve the renewed work permit, you can apply for renewal of residence permit
Documents required:
Main:
- 12 months salary slips (or as many as possible)
- Criminal Record certificate (from the commune itself )

Dependant:
- 12 months (or as many as possible) salary slips for the main applicant
- Health Assurance document (from Mutuelle)
- Criminal Record certificate (same as above- also known as Extrait du casier judiciaire)
- House rent contract
- Work contract and work permit (renewed) of the main applicant

- Attestation of CPA's (as and when you receive it in the mailbox -typically July)

Thanks Farhan for the detailed response !

Some communes ask CPAS document for main applicant too. You can get one by request in the CPAS office closest to you. Commune will tell you where to get it from. And like said above, these are the standard set of documents. Commune can ask additional documents.

I hear that for dependents, nowadays some communes ask for proof of integration (join an integration class).

Hi Aneesh,

Is CPAS for dependents will be issued on behalf of whom they are dependent? Is that correct?

My wife has recently applied for CPAS for her card renewal, they replied that, "they have document on my name".

Exact reply as follows..
"We did yet the document on the name of your husband as requested on the IBZ document"

I didn't understand what do they mean by that.

Thanks
Anil

Hello Guys! Reopening the topic :).

Employer applied for Single Permit renewal and I received MOE this week, currently waiting for Annex 46.

Meanwhile I want to start my Dependent Renewal Process - I see CPAS Attestation about not seeking any help.

How can i gather this proof/document? . I'm a resident of Ixelles.

Appreciate your response.

Go to your commune, there is a CPAS desk. They know what this document is and will be issued in a day or two.

Hi @aneesh hope you are well quick question , the renewal of the residence permit should be done while your current card is still valid right ?

My commune (1000) gave me an appointment to issue annex 49 after the expiry of my current card and i am just curious will that not affect me in the future while applying for either permanent residence or citizenship as they will be a break of like 10 days from the expiry of my card and my appointment date.

I already have the renewed permit but not the annex 46,   they requested from me

The renewed permit to issue annex 49

while for my family they requested:

-  attestation mutualle

-Extract from criminal record

-integration proofs

-CPAS certificate (for myself and my wife).

-proof of income

Thank You

As long as you have a valid document ( in this case annex49) you are fine.

Annex 49 has same power as your card except can not bring you back(not reccomented to leave BE during this period) to EU territory if you leave without card.

@Gamargu Hello! what were your timelines in applying for SP Renewal?

In my case -

Type - SP Renewal

Region - Brussels CR

File Received - 12/03

admissible and additional doc- 15/03

Positive Work Decision - 29/03

RP - Still waiting.

@Gamargu Hello! what were your timelines in applying for SP Renewal?
In my case -

Type - SP Renewal
Region - Brussels CR
File Received - 12/03
admissible and additional doc- 15/03
Positive Work Decision - 29/03
RP - Still waiting.

-@MRamkumar

Please post on the correct Topic. There is no need to post your timeline here.

@maharaji1984 Thank you for the response