Lots of questions

Hi all, i`m a 36 year old Norwegian serial entrepreneur wanting to semi-retire to Paraguay already with children. (Long story short: Continuous hard work will kill my health, end of my entrepreneurial spirit will kill my heart)
I`m quite used to the world both professional and private, though not so much South America yet. My Spanish skills i tried to learn 16-17 years ago are terrible to non-existent, but I hope to find time to improve it soon.

I have a ton of questions, but ill start with 10 private and professional here first;

Private
- What is common or moderate rates/wages/terms to hire private full-time services like housekeeper, driver/security driver, au pair and a English speaking personal assistant?
- How are hiking and expedition possibilities in jungle areas of South America?
- How are land laws working out? (Ex. is there a huge freedom given in private property ownership?)
- How is the quality and expectations in the international schools?
- Whats the most absurd thing i`ll experience by living in Paraguay as a foreigner?

Professional
- What is moderate hourly or daily rates for a decent lawyer with legal consultancy services in both business and private related matters?
- Is there a decent cluster of manufacturing companies (industrial area) in Paraguay, with stable power supply and water accessibility?
- Is it realistic to find honest, skilled employees in Business administration, accounting, flexible product or process designers, various fields of engineering, scientific researchers etc. ?
- Is there incubator hubs, angel-investor environments and other startup related structures in Asuncion area?
- How do you feel about the bureaucracy when involved in governmental application processes in Paraguay? 

Thanks a lot for your help, and get in touch... i`m a social human being :)

Best regards,
Erik

You sure have a lot of questions jajaja. 

Schools: Asuncion has several great private schools including: English and Spanish classes: the American School of Asuncion, Trinity School, CCPA School, etc. German classes: Colegio Goethe

Full time monthly rates for maids, drivers, etc is generally the current minimum salary in Paraguay of Gs. 2.250.000 (about USD 400).

For hiking expeditions, I would recommend that you talk to the SENATUR (Paraguayan Secretary of Tourism) since they have a list of all recommended excursions and guides around the country.

" Is it realistic to find honest, skilled employees in Business administration, accounting, flexible product or process designers, various fields of engineering, scientific researchers etc. ?"
It took me three years, but finally, I manage to cooperate with excellent professional service providers in the immigration and investment sectors.

Im now in Paraguay and would like to meet other South Africans. Email ***

Moderated by Alexia 5 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details for your own security. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct