The TInker Support Thread

Us three! We left too soon!  You'll get it sorted.  We met his little dog, and she is very loyal and protective of Tinker.  She must taste good too, for those ticks to be hanging on so stubbornly.

The good thing to come out of this, is that we are VERY aware of the tick issue now, and when we move down in October, we will come armed with some drugs and collars for our dogs.

Thanks guys! It's readily available and I did not realize how inexpensive in this form.

We will find some help, thank!

Thanks to you all. Too bad that the members who live close by are off island or cannot get out & about themselves. If someone has the vet's phone #, I'll call, get directions & take a Moto-Concho to get the stuff. I bombed the apartment. She has lost her appetite & just lays about on the balcony. No problem, will buy gas & drinks to affray the inconvenience of your time & effort. Remember, it ain't for me, it is for a DOG.

Doctorbobs.com is the website.  tel:809-571-2286
Has 10 dogs of his own.

She is not a little dog. she is a medium sized animal. "little" dogs  are the chiuawa or shitzus, pommies etc. Is small or a pitbull chow mix, yes.  Her growth went into the puppies.  She had run away from her owner 3 days after Maria, Showed up & decided to stay. Refused to go back with the original owner.  I'm going to write about a container of Pringles friends gave me when they returned North.   Thanks to the saviors of Kucha/ Minnie.

Oh oh...I seem to have riled the Gypsy blood in Tinker.  No offence intended to Kucha, but size is relative.  I'm over 300 lbs, and she is mid-way up my shin.  Chihuahuas would be "tiny" in my mind, but I defer to the extraordinary expertise of Tinker.

And, what?  Pizza Pringles aren't your cup of tea?  Or "brand of beer", so to speak?  Well...me neither, but they're the Mrs. favourite, so consider yourself loved.  It is a gesture of genuine fondness.  You're just lucky she took off the free bag of Frosted Flakes that was taped to it, first!  Then, I'm sure we would hear some Gypsy cursing.

Hahahahaha. Gotta love it!

I knew immediately the depth of emotion and love with which the Pringles was given.  The largess was humbling & reminded me of my sense of duty to mankind.  make them laugh as often as possible.   DR. Bob, the vet has a pill that within 24 hour, kills all ticks for a month. Not as cheap as the liquid, but available right now. 1,000rd plus 100 for the moto.  My "tiny" dog will be free of the pernicious little bastards.  In deference to her good soul, I shall postpone my  Pringle diatribe for awhile. My new project is to find out what Almond Silk may be.  So to date , I do know it has nothing to do with oriental worm cocoons.  Luckily, I'm familiar with pineapples.   More to come on the care package & the dogs' travail.  I love the stuff in the jars that I can't read the labels of.  Made Mex-salsa for nacho chips.  Thanks again.        FYI.. I ate the whole can of the damn things, love the beer!

Awesome Tinker!!!!  Go murder tics!!!!!!    and there is a tic born disease that can kill the dog so better safe than sorry!

Hi Thinker,
Pls provide me your phone nr and address at ***
I have no clue how to contact you privately. Thx.
I live in Cabarete, I will be in Sosua tomorrow so I can  see Dr. Bob on my way to you.
Best regards,
Florin

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Florin what a lovely offer, thank you. I will message you and Tinker with this.  Please don't put emails on public threads guys.....

Thank you Flori, have gotten the meds, however, we should meet anyway. Will give my # so that anyone can contact me. ***  call when you are in Sosua, so we can get together. All of you have helped solve the tick problem, thanks. I have other things that sometimes I need help with. Grocery shopping can be a pain in the ass when you can't read the labels. Vegetables I do by feel, the rest is a test of patiebce, not so much fun. It is another of life's adventures that I would have preferred to avoid. So lets meet, I can garurentee (sp) smiles & laughter. How about it Florin?

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Reminder to all you cannot post your phone or email on public forums.

Your post will appear without the phone number Tinker.

Personal info must be scared privately.

OK, good night all.

OK,  want it? PM me, gladly give it to all that request it. It is a way to meet people quickly before I no longer can use the lap top or my cell. I'm guilty of passing gas up wind again,  Peo Si, Pero no Pesta !!

Sorry Tinker, I understand your situation. And in future I have your number if anyone wants it!

Tinker, I am really sorry you're having a lot of sight problems. I read quickly through the thread and I might have missed some replies, but there are 3 issues that you mentioned that I would like to comment on.

1. You love to read... Have to tried audio books? There are a lot of them out there,  easily available and sometimes free. I'm not visually impaired but I love listening to books while on watch on the boat at night or while doing chores.
2. Your dog... I'm not in Sosua but on the north coast and I do know of an association that helps animals in your area.  Would you like me to contact them to see if they can help you on a regulan basis, as in once a month, to treat your dog against fleas and ticks? If you do, send me a private message with your details.
3. Problems with reading labels,  money,  etc... I recently signed up with this great volunteer organisation, called Be My Eyes. It is a world wide organisation that uses modern technology to help blind and visually impaired people. Fair enough you do need a smart phone with a camera. It is very simple to use. They have volunteers world wide who answer calls from blind people to help them see. It is anonymous and takes only a few seconds of the helpers' time. There are so many volunteers that it works. For example I signed up in June and only received my first call yesterday. It was from a lady who needed help reading the label on some medication boxes. It felt great to be able, with a few seconds of my time, to help someone. Why I'm insisting about how easy it is, is to encourage you to sign up and to encourage sighted people to sign up as volunteers as well. Here are the links to the website and to the Googleplay application: http://bemyeyes.comhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … s.bemyeyes

Best of luck with everything.
Don't hesitate to send me a private message if you need help with any of the above.

Great info, thank you so much!   Great service you described and its such a help I am sure.

We contacted the animal rescue association hon, but thanks for that.

Wow! what an exciting post. I surely hope  you can use some of these suggestions Tinker. They are great. Thank you for posting.

I wish that I knew how to just start a new post on this thread. When I post it is always sometime or even days before it shows up & I have no idea if anyone sees it. There should be an easy way for me to post in a timely fashion, not always connected to the subject that I hitch a ride on. ( thanks big guy).  Today I wanted to talk about the difference between night time crying & daytime tears. ( I have both sometimes )  How the hell do I just post & if people want to read it, no problem.  Come on folks, I need a quick solution.  The skies are getting grayer rapidly.  My ego & need to share the tragedy & humor in my life is an immense desire to provoke thought & laughter. A lot of funny shit happens each day, far more than the sadness.  Help me or the ground will open beneath your flip-flops as the tide comes in.   You think you are smart?  Close your eyes and tell someone how to tie their shoes!  Gotch ya!!!

Tinker do what you just did. You posted on YOUR THREAD HERE. Just do that.

This is your thread for your stories and discussions.  You don't need to start a new thread.

Click reply.

Start typing.

Click send.

Thanks, didn;t know. Need a ride to Dr  Bob with the dog. Calling him first, maybe has a quick fix. Might be a reaction to the tick tablet. Will know soon if need the lift.

GREETINGS TINKER. WE WILL NOT GATHERING TO SAY GOODBYE. I WILL BE THERE EVEN IF I HAVE TO WALK FROM MOCA. IF THE GRANDKIDS ARE ABLE TO GO TO THEIR GREAT GRANDMOTHERS I AM SURE JOSEFINA WILL BE ALONG ALSO. WITH OUR CHURCH WEDDING ON 25 AUGUST, WE MAY STAY IN SOSUA FOR 3 OR 4 NIGHTS SO WILL GET TO VISIT DURING THAT TIME AS WELL. MEANS OF COMMUNICATING FOR VISUALLY CHALLENGED FOLKS IS OUT THEIR IN THE TECH WORLD AND I HOPE SOMEONE CAN FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS FOR YOU - I AM TECHNOLOGY CHALLENGED BUT MANY ARE NOT. TAKE AND WE WILL SEE IN SEPTEMBER MY FRIEND

It will be good tospend some time again with you two.  The love you have glows around you so all smile when you are near.

GRACIAS MI AMIGO...

Hi Tinker finally got time to check your thread. I should be back in Sosua about September 10 if you still need help getting the meds then let me know, if you cant wait that long Iam sure one of the staff would help you with that so let me know. Cheers

Thanks, no problem with dog meds. Thanks.

chance to meet many North shore members at the October 20th meet-Up in Sosua. Congratulations on your move & a huge welcome to the DR.

Hey Tinker, how are you doing? How's Kucha?  Based on your troubles, we got our dogs dosed at the vet yesterday for our move in a couple weeks.  Hope those pesky buggers have gone for good, and the only blood suckers you need to deal with are mosquitoes.

Thanks.  For some reason the mosquitos seldom care to partake of my Gypsy blood. Can't recall the last bite, maybe the hot sauce & mucho garlic have some effect, don't know & don't care; I just revel in the results. Still many problems with the immigration & my "Seeing Eye Chica". Trying to save the 200 bucks for her visa & passport. I can handle a small income, however. it is a bummer when trying to help someone else. Especially when I really need her.  I don't have enough of an income to sponser her. This is not a girl friend with benefits, this is a person who I pay to assist me with daily life 3 days a week.  A very caring woman with a sense of humor & above all a superior intelligence.   Now to the dog, tick & flea free so far. Dr Bob supplies the meds necessary. Not cheap, but, it WORKS!  Have a safe trip to your new home. I miss you both.

Good news on the dog, not so good news on the helper.  I hope the money part is resolved quickly, and both of us can assist with other things when we get there.  We'll be across the main road from you.  This may be something we can address at the meet-up on the 20th?  We may find some loose lips and loose purse strings if the mood is right.  Just a thought...

So let me offer some help. I will kick in US 25 to get things started.  Who is matching to help this young lady out and therefore help Tinker?!?!?!?

I think that's a great start Planner!  I would match that.  And raise you a Bohemia!

I'm in for 25!

Tell me where to western union the money.

Going back to the states today but we'll be at the meet up. Count us in for another $25.

And we are off to the races...

Tiner, let us know how to get the money to you.

I'm in for 25. Also let me know where to send. I will send western union also

Hey Unc!  Your apt. isat George's place. He makes great wings.   I, in no way , have asked, hinted, intimated or suggested that I was or am looking for hand outs. The generosity of all who wish to give is quite overwhelming. Thank you. Have to figure out the logistics of it all. Thank you again, all of you.

Never once, for even a second, thought otherwise, although it is really good to see a social network coming together for a decent cause.  The logistics are not my forte, but I'm willing to help with it however I can.