Quito Dog Owners To Be Fined For Not Picking-Up Pet's Poop

You're walking down the street on a lovely spring like day and you come across freshly dropped dog poop. This is one of the biggest drawbacks of living in the capital as dog poop litters so many sidewalks.

Now thankfully, dog owners may face hefty fines ranging from 45%-90% of the minimum monthly salary or about $173.70-$347.40. Apparently, someone at the municipality decided enough is enough and raised the fine substantially from the previous fine of $77, which also remains in effect.

And the fine is substantial for most Ecuadorians, and to illustrate just how substantial – not wearing a seat-belt while driving only amounts to 5% of the minimum monthly salary or about $19

Source

Wow! Really people should be more considerate! I live in Guayaquil and there is also dog poop everywhere but then there are also a number of strays so it is hard to tell which poop is which. :|

I was in a park here today going for a walk and I noticed a huge pile of dog poop now this park is quite common for dog walkers of all sizes so I could just picture some lazy person not cleaning up after their dog. I mean come on!! It is your responsibility! :joking:

On a side note when I let my dogs out to run around ( I dont take them to parks as they are not really my dogs and are not that socialable with strangers), they like to go and poop on one of the neighbours front yards. I of course go and clean it up immediately I just wonder why it is always that neighbour.  :unsure

Progress

Alexsandra123 wrote - I live in Guayaquil and there is also dog poop everywhere but then there are also a number of strays so it is hard to tell which poop is which.

Good point, but then someone has to ask the difficult question, “how do we solve this problem?” The answer, at least in my opinion, is getting rid of stray dogs. Complicating matters however is that many are referred to as community dogs.

On a side note when I let my dogs out to run around ( I dont take them to parks as they are not really my dogs and are not that socialable with strangers), they like to go and poop on one of the neighbours front yards. I of course go and clean it up immediately I just wonder why it is always that neighbour.  :unsure

It probably started with one dog, and the other(s) started doing the same but undesirable dog behavior can be corrected.