Student pass rejected without giving any reason

Hi everyone,

I am a PhD student in Austria (my original nationality is Iranian) and also work there as a researcher. My home university (in Austria) offered me a dual degree with NTU and since the offer was good I accepted it. I applied for university, accepted and then applied for SOLAR. After a few days, they rejected my application, which was a shock to me and everybody else in Austria. I appeal the rejection and waiting for a second decision.

They just stated, "we carefully checked the application but despite your interest, you cannot study in Singapore". I got an acceptance as a full-time student at NTU.

Does anybody knows if:
   - Is it common to get rejected to study in Singapore?
   - What are the chances of getting accepted after appealing?
   - Is there any reason that you can think about that leads to this decision? Like lack of documents, my nationality, etc.?

Thanks in advance for helping :-)

Nationality could be an issue and secondly Singapore authority has stringent process in place. Based on various criteria and process, if your pass was unsuccessful then nothing can be done except an appeal. Wait for the response. But, I would suggest try else where. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I got the student pass, there was a typo in the application and a wrong date :-)

@phoenix: How you got to know the reason for the rejection?
Will ICA provide anything?

I would like to ask something regarding my student pass here in singapore. I have been studying here for almost 2 years. I finished Diploma and Advanced Diploma and now progressing to Degree, I had a successful application for my Student pass in my Diploma and Advanced Diploma.

My question is. My student pass for degree application now is taking so long unlike my previous one.

I am worried about the documents, because before I included my university where I studied way back in philippines but i'm an undergraduate there. Since I have Diploma and Advanced Diploma as my 2 highest education attainment, I did not include my undergrad. I use to include that before with diploma and advanced diploma application.

Will this be the reason why they are taking so long on processing my student pass?

What was the typo? I am worried with my application. How long did the application before they reject it and how long did the appeal take?

It's a thumb rule that provide accurate information in your declaration. On education part, you should have declared your education at your home country as well, unless they have mentioned not to declare more than last two certificates.

But, getting delay in response could be due to several reasons, including the criteria for students pass in degree courses may have different yardsticks or number of applicants at this time more than usual etc. Have patience, good luck

It is because the student officer told me not to include it since I have done diploma and advanced diploma. But i am really worried that it is the reason why its taking so long cause before I got my student pass within 5 days.

If ever that the declaration would be my problem? Will that be resolve by appel?

Thank you.

You should reach out the concern office either by phone call or email. They will help to update and advise you in case there is any. Good luck

noted, Thank you surya.

Dear Surya,

Below is the response I got from the officer in charge/ applied in my college. I am just concern about the pass that is taking so long for a normal process and its just an RENEWAL i think not a new application.

Don't worry, all your education records are with ICA and we have applied as how we apply for a Students progressing to the next level.

ICA have standard processing time for applications and some applications may take slightly longer depending on the officer availability.

All is well.  Your student pass application status will be out soon.

Thank you.