Dependent Visa for Hungary

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Hungary , Budapest to join my husband who is already there.

I live in Bangalore and i was told about the legalization process of my marriage certificate (issued in Kolkata in 2016)

Could you help me with the procedure and also whether I need to renew my marriage certificate before legalizing it since its been 2 years since it was issued.

I am running out of time so it would be really helpful if you could reply soon....

thanks & regards

What about self help?

Search the forum. 

Lots of info there.

singhneha wrote:

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Hungary , Budapest to join my husband who is already there.

I live in Bangalore and i was told about the legalization process of my marriage certificate (issued in Kolkata in 2016)

Could you help me with the procedure and also whether I need to renew my marriage certificate before legalizing it since its been 2 years since it was issued.

I am running out of time so it would be really helpful if you could reply soon....

thanks & regards

Not allot to go on here.
I guess your husband is a Hungarian citizen?
You will need every paper you can find for immigration over here.
Marriage cert, licence, your birth certificate. You will need your marriage papers translated into Hungarian, there is only one official translation place here in Budapest that we know of that immigration uses.
As far as I know once you have a marriage licence you don't have to renew it, it's for life unless you legally divorce.
It is possible that once you're in Hungary you will be required to file at your local city hall in the marriage dept. offices, sort of like getting married again on paper in Hungary.
Hard to say, they treat every case differently at immigration.

They can and may ask to see the oddest papers so bring everything you have over with you just in case.

fluffy2560 wrote:

What about self help?

Search the forum. .

Even easier than searching.

There is a sticky post called "What Visa" at the top of the main forums page and visa topic page that gives the direct link to the Hungarian Immigration office web page. Lots of information there to answer most questions. All in English. And if there are more questions, it also has contact information.