Leaving hungary formalities?

Dear All, Can anyone advise of the steps I need to take when leaving Hungary after 5 years? I will return to the UK but is there a process in Budapest I have to go through to notify people I have left and it is done cleanly? eg with residence cards, registration etc?

Thankyou

Kodaki

Hi Kodaki,

Here's a quick checklist for you:
1. deregister your address (card)
2. deregister / cancel your residence permit
3. if you have had a tax card, that should be deregistered
4. you shall close up subscriptions and utilities that were on your name
5. local car insurance shall be also cancelled N.B. tax paid for your car is not redeemable
6. close up your bank account (depending on the bank this can be done via registered mail or other means after you have left)
6. mail forwarding is advised

Did this help?

Dezso

N.B. for a EUR 200ish bill you can even have a relo agent do this for you, if you are busy / have no time.

Thats fantastic of you!! It really helped!!

I dont suppose you know of a relocation agent that does this service?

Many thanks

kodaki

Hi kodaki,

Sorry, I should have included a disclaimer that I am such a relo agent.
PM me if you need just parts of the above list or have further question. Either you'd need to hire me or not.
Cheers,

Dez

Sorry to sidetrack this thread a bit, but dezpapp, if you have a lot of experience with foreigners relocating, I wonder would you mind if I send you a PM with a few questions about something? I'm moving to Hungary in a few weeks and I will have an unusual and complex situation with tax. It would be very much appreciated that if you've seen this before, perhaps you can point me in the right direction or suggest a few bits of advice.

Many Thanks.

Hello EuropaExpat -> Why don't you start a new thread on the Hungary forum with your questions on tax? Other members could help you. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie