Motorbike advice

Can someone please advise how easy it is to do/take bike test in Spain, to ride a moped under 50cc please? I have a UK provisional license but not sure if this will suffice? Or whether I need to apply for an international license instead?
Many thanks!

I have never had to take a test here. Internet rumours suggest one can take a test in English. I have yet to see that confirmed other than members of various forums say it can be done.
The UK is one of a few EU countries (if not the only one) that has a provisional licence.
They do not count here.
You can drive a two wheeled vehicle up to 125 cc on a car Licence in Spain. No extra test is involved.
If you have an full EU DL for classes other than a motorbike you can use that until the date of expiry. At one time you had to get this registered with the DGT (traffico) they added  a slip of paper to show you was registered in the system.
If you have a full EU DL and then If you pass your bike test then you will have to change to a Spanish one because details of the classes will have changed.
Like I said a provisional is not of any use in Spain.
All of this can be confirmed if you make an appointment (that is obligatory as you cannot just turn up) and talk to the staff there. I have found them to be more then helpful at my local office.

That's useful to know, thank you!

To clarify the last post

Take a look here

http://n332.es/2016/01/14/what-types-of … n-i-drive/

This is an extract

“After holding your category B licence for a period of 3 years, you are automatically upgraded to be allowed to drive vehicles requiring the A1 category, which permits you to drive small motorcycles up to 125 cc and with a maximum power of 11 kW (15 hp).

However, you must be aware that this is only the case in Spain.

This automatic classification is not effective in other European countries without obtaining the A1 classification qualification separately.

That is why, even if your license is issued in Spain, you will not see the validity dates filled in on the back of the licence unless you have undergone specific examinations.

In the event of a category B licence holder riding a 125cc motorbike and getting stopped to have your details checked at the roadside, the Guardia Civil traffic officers will refer to the dates of your category B validation to ensure you qualify.”

Thankyou!

For the record there is no such animal as an 'international licence'.

There is a confusingly named document called an 'International Driving Permit' (IDP) but all that is is multilingual translation of your home driving licence which, when driving in most non EU countries, you may be required to carry with it.

Despite what some seem to think an IDP is NOT a licence and is only valid when produced with the licence which was used to obtain it.

MG.   Yes what you say is right but I think you should have started a new thread   That is, it was a tadd off the theme