Bus services

Hi folks
I'm coming out in December for week to join my sister who is staying at Marjal Costa Blanca Resort on outskirts of Catral.
There are no coach transfers from Alicante airport to this area only very expensive taxis, can anyone tell me if there is a bus service from the airport to Catral

I think the only way to do it on a bus, by public transport, is to get he airport bus into Alicante, the ALSA bus or train from Alicante to Murcia (I think there are trains) and then the ALSA bus out to San Fulgencio from Murcia that goes to Catral.

My information may well be out of date and I seem to remember that buses were few and far between.

Oh, and lots of Brits operate illegal taxi services - airport pickups - doesn't your sister know anyone?

Hi Culebronchris

Thanks for reply, seems bit long winded to do the distance by public transport then.
First time sister going out to region so doesn't know anybody out there

Thanks anyway

I'm afraid I don't know that part of Alicante well, but just looking on google maps it looks like at least a 2 hour trip by public transport.. perhaps might be best to hire a car?

Hi Carorueil

Thanks for reply, yes think public transport out of the question. Can't hire car as sight not good at moment

Oh dear good luck...sounds like it could be a tiring trip!!

Maybe your sister who you say is there,  can find someone (who for a consideration ) could drive to airport and meet you

Thanks John,

Looks like I might have to get sister to unhook their camper van and come and get me they only arrive a few days before me.

Sounds like a sensible idea!!