Question about pole card elegibility

Hi, my name is tyler. I was thinking of trying to apply for a pole card because I have a large polish descent, however I was worried about some things. The first one is I currently have an Italian last name that was my fathers (which I plan on getting rid of) The opposite side of my family is polish back to its origins overseas, including both grandparents. The only problem is they adopted my mother. Shes also polish, but theres no way to contact her birth parents so obtaining her documentation with anything but a name on it might be a problem. Either way, I speak basic polish (enough to get around) and growing up we kept all of the traditions (easter kielbasa, etc) My grandmother always made pierogi from nothing and I would help her fill them with cabbage while my grandfather listened to polka and ate sausage, so im pretty fucking polish.. idc about those other things and I honestly hope none of them should prevent them from giving me a chance.. but I want to hear you opinions.

Hi Tyler,
"Karta Polaka" can be granted only to citizens of one of the former Soviet Union countries (Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania etc.). So if you don't have citizenship of one of those ex-SU countries you can't get this Card although it seems you fulfill other requirements.
Mariusz

thanks