Enter Sao Paolo as a tourist

Hi, my name is Razel Mae, a filipina and I am from Manila, Philippines. I got an offer to work as DH in Sao Paolo and they are sending me an invitation to come this end of June 2018. I would just like to know what are the necessary documents that I need to enter Sao Paolo. My  employer's secretary told me that all I need is just the Invitation and round trip ticket. Is this information correct? Can you please help and guide me. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
It's depends on your visa type.

But they say no visa if you go to Brazil.

Razmae21 wrote:

But they say no visa if you go to Brazil.

The Visas page of the website of the Brazilian Embassy in Manila is your bible for this:

http://manila.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/vi … mation.xml

Here's what it says about visa exemptions for Philippine citizens:
"For holders of Philippine passport, visiting Brazil for one of the above reasons, there is a visa exemption for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days, provided that they will not seek any employment in Brazil."

Note that last part:  you may NOT seek employment on this kind of entry.  You may stay for 90 days, with one further 90 day extension; then you would have to leave.  So, you're already being invited to break the law.

To work legally in Brazil, you need a Work Visa, a Vitem V.  The application for this type of visa has to be submitted by your potential employer to the Ministry of Labor in Brazil.  It is very doubtful that an application for domestic help would be approved.

You should be aware that, unlike Hong Kong or the Gulf States, it is very rare for countries in the Western Hemisphere to recruit young women from Asia for domestic work:  there is an ample labor pool in the local market, and the cost of bringing someone from the other side of the world doesn't make sense.  Unless you know these people very well, you should be suspicious of this "offer".  If you do know them well, they should be trying to bring you in legally.

Hi, thank you so much for the information. I dont know them personally but it was just a referral from my sister's friend who is a very well-known man. They said that once I arrived in Brazil they are going to change it to a working visa.