Looking for good, reliable ct scan. Not at fv hospital

Can anyone reccomend a reliable, not super expensive, place to get a cat scan done?

Thanks

How much do you call expensive, let's not forget these are million dollar machines, they have to recoup their outlay.

A CT scan requires reading by a trained radiologist as well as software to access the multiple layers visually.  You can't just look at the thing yourself.  The machines are all pretty much the same and made by the major companies like Siemens and Toshiba.  For all I know they could be made in Vietnam but of course under the control of the big firms.

A CT scan machine is used to study different parts/organs of the body and their functions. They are graded into different "slice" CT machines. A fast moving organ like the heart may need a 124-slice machine while for certain other organs a 64-slice machine may be enough and so on......
Your local physician/surgeon should be able to guide you accordingly depending on the need.

Prof. V K khosla

I'm just worried about the quality of the machine and the amount of radiation.

If I go to Cho Ray hospital it's $60 and if I go to a really nice facility like family medical it's $300+ dollars to get a cat scan done.

Go to Benh Vien Dai Hoc Y Duoc in D5 its 1 million vnd and a modern machine.

www.bvdaihoc.com.vn

As I mentioned above, a CT scan will be meaningless without someone to read it and recommend follow up treatments.  If you don't have a physician, you should find one first, then follow his/her advice about where to go.

I must have missed the persons questions. I thought he asked if anyone knew where to get one. But it seems everyone wants to explain the technology and who should read the results.
I had mine done at FMP and was happy with the results. Yes, it is more exspensive. So I think the OP got his answer. Just depends on how much he wants to spend.

Vagabondone wrote:

I must have missed the persons questions. I thought he asked if anyone knew where to get one. But it seems everyone wants to explain the technology and who should read the results.
I had mine done at FMP and was happy with the results. Yes, it is more exspensive. So I think the OP got his answer. Just depends on how much he wants to spend.

You must have overlooked my reply. 😀

Ladies and gentlemen of the Vietnam section, could I please request a little calmness as things seem to be getting out of hand.
Thank you for your help in this matter,
Fred

Hello everyone,

In addition to what Fred said, please note that some posts have been put aside.

All the best,
Bhavna

Over the past five years I've had two done in Saigon.  Both at Columbia Hospital.  The physician was located at the clinic down from the US Embassy in Saigon (Vietnamese and foreign physicians).  They set everything up for me and it only cost me about 100 USD.  The pics were clear, bright and explained clearly.   Had them done here in Vietnam and took to the US Army hospital in Hawaii...they did not have to re-do the scan.  Sorry about not having the address, but you can find easily on the Internet.

Anthony64, the practice you're thinking of is, I think, Family Medical Practice at Diamond Plaza. We go there from Dalat when we need a real doctor. Our daughter will see the ENT this Thursday morning.

https://www.vietnammedicalpractice.com/ … -city.html

Sorry...but not at Diamond Plaza.  Another block up the street on the corner.  06 Alexandre De Rhodes St.  did the work up for the C-Scan appointment.  The physician that I saw is no long there.  This is a clinic that is part of Columbia Asia Healthcare.  I started using them back in 2007, last seen nearly 3 years ago.

Hello Expats,

I need to book a CT scan and was wondering if you could point in the direction of how to book one?

Thank you kindly

Helen

Call the clinic you choose to have it done at and schedule one. I think this is the normal practice all over the world. Not much difference here.

Vagabondone wrote:

Call the clinic you choose to have it done at and schedule one. I think this is the normal practice all over the world. Not much difference here.

Got a feeling the OP may be thinking she needs to get a referral from a doctor, which she will,as the CT scan operator will need to know what type of scan to do.

That was my thinking. me I find it to be an odd question. Not quite sure what they are looking for. A referral to a good clinic or what.

colinoscapee wrote:

Got a feeling the OP may be thinking she needs to get a referral from a doctor, which she will,as the CT scan operator will need to know what type of scan to do.

I had a rectal ultrasound scan of my prostate done at Medic (Trung tâm Medic Hòa Hảo) which is more of a day clinic and super laboratory than a hospital.  I am pretty sure that nobody is walking in and requesting such a procedure without a doctor's orders.  OUCH!  :o   I think they operate entirely on referrals.  They could very well have a CT scanner there but it would be a tough place to navigate without a Vietnamese helper.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct