Chiropractor recommendation?

Does anyone have a chiropractor to recommend or experience with the following providers for lower back and shoulder pain? I plan to see one in January 2015 while I visit HCMC. I don't know which one is best in terms of service and price compare to its peers. I don't mind paying higher price for real result.

American Chiropractic Clinic
161-161A Hai Ba Trung,Ward 6,District 3

David Shepherd Chiropractic Clinic
10 Tran Phu street, Ward 4, District 5

Family Chiropractic Clinic
10 Trần Phú Street, Ward 4,District 5

Maple Healthcare Center
MD6 Nguyễn Lương Bằng, Phường Tân Phú, Quận 7

Below is also the quoted price from  whatclinic.com. Is that the price to expect from chiropractors in Vietnam?

Usually the cost is:
- First: 1,150,000 VND including phsio therapy and chiropractic adjustment
- Next: 950,00 VND per visit
- Consultation: 300,00 VND

Here we offer for patients coming from WhatClinic:
- Free consult
- 30% discount for the first treatment. You just pay 805,00 VND for the
first treatment including examination, physio therapy and chiropractic.

Go to Maple Healthcare to see Dr D'Alfonso. I just left his office for an adjustment. My wife had vertigo and he fixed her with one adjustment. I've been seeing him for 2yrs now. He was with Dr Shepard for 7 or 8 years and went on his own. Stay away from Dr Shepard as they have already closed one office and the adjustment I got there was a joke. I' ve been going to a chiropractor for 50 yrs and I know the good ones from the bad. Dr Paul is wonderful. Feel free to use my name as a referral. No reason to be in pain. Go get adjusted. Good luck.

--Brian Fay

Thank you for the feedback. It's too late. I have went to Dr. Shepard 4 times to give it an honest attempt because he was closer than Maple. I have frozen shoulder and the lower back spine curve to the left (early facet syndrome) according to the only chiropractor there analysis of the back x-ray. The recommended treatment is to purchase 20 visits at $45 each. The staffs are nice but forgetful of the issue and location of problem areas I have. The main doctor is also nice but his physical condition doesn't jive well with my expectation of a holistic practitioner. I believe you can't preach what you can't practice. I have the same feeling visiting that clinic as visiting my acupuncture place at home. It doesn't matter what issues you have, you will through the same drill. I will give Maple a try next time in the country at the end of year. I am short on capital at the moment to give another chiropractor another attempt.

Sorry I didn't get to you earlier. Best of luck next time. You will be very impressed with Dr Paul.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I suffered very badly from back & neck pain after a car accident.  Here's what worked for me:  stop going to doctors, stop taking pills, and START MOVING-- it's going to hurt at first, and after a few months you will wonder what happened.

I didn't say this to belittle your pain.  I know it's awful.  I just hope that I can help with my $.02 on back pain.  Good luck, no matter what route you take.

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.

My boyfriend is experiencing lumbar and sacral pain especially when he is lying on his side. When I tried to feel for his spine, it seems like the lumbar area is deviated to the left. He had a couple of chiropractic treatments last November but it seemed like the problem reoccurred.

Any recommendations on where to get treatments?
How much would each treatment cause?
Aside from not lifting heavy stuff, what can he do to alleviate the pain while awaiting for treatment?

Hi Chickee,
Its sounds like he is having a flare up from his previous back pain issue.  The muscles on the fixated side are trying to protect the injured area and are freezing up motion, which is most likely why it looks unbalanced. 

The best thing to do right now is put an ice pack on it for about 10-15 minutes every 2 hours.  The ice will calm the muscles and the nerves.  If you really want to go one step further you can alternate heat and ice.  5-10 minutes of heat and then 5-10 minutes of ice, in that order.  Lightly massaging the tight muscles surrounding the joint will also help it to get moving faster.  He will have a rough night but try to get some rest.

Adjustment sessions are 1.1 million VND for the adjustment, physiotherapy and orthopedic massage.  xxxx
Regards
Paul

Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the forum.

Hi Dr. Paul,

Thanks for the advice. We are about to do the heat and cold compress now.

As per the fees, the 1.1 million VND, does that already includes the 3 (adjustment, physiotherapy and orthopedic massage) or do we have to pay for them separately?

- Chickee

Those are all included in the one fee.

Good to know. Thanks Paul! :)

Do any of the chiropractors in HCM sell chirpractic pillows? Just moved here and am in desperate need!

I have a slipped disk, and reoccurring sciatica. I have had efficiant resultes with  Acupuncture in the UK.  can anyone recommend a good acupuncture practitioner, preferably an X-pat?

David Wolfe wrote:

I have a slipped disk, and reoccurring sciatica. I have had efficiant resultes with  Acupuncture in the UK.  can anyone recommend a good acupuncture practitioner, preferably an X-pat?

Good to see you removed the other piece you wrote.

Although this thread is old its worth posting to. I went to xxx recently for back and foot pain. Some massage ,  ultrasound and 1million vnd later i was told to do exercise like yoga and walking and come again. So im still in pain and very angry at the casual dismissal of my symtoms at xxx. I have great experience with fab physios in UK so i have a standard. These xxx guys fall way short.

Reason : Please share the names through private message

I've been going to 3C's Chiropractic at Vincom. Please feel free to use my name.
Cheers,
Brian

Reason : Contact the member through private message please.
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please recommend in the business directory.

@Teronsan American Chiropractic Clinic was moved to 99 Nguyen Du, W. Ben Thanh, D.1