Unpaid Credit Card - Final Exit

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can shed a light on my problem.

I used to work in Dubai with good benefits. Unfortunately, during EID Holidays, I and my friend checked in a Hotel in Fujairah and later on was accused of stealing money from some local who I think lost their packet somewhere and accused us.

They never found from us the wallet.

Because of that incident, I was deported after rendering 1 month in jail and never paid my credit cards dues which around 60k.

I got an offer in another middle east country. I know I have a police case already but I am not sure if I have immigration ban or what.

Does it affect or hold me to enter in another gcc country if ever?

Hope, someone with the same case or related case can advise me.

Thank you.

It is difficult to say.

If it was only credit card debt of a low amount, I would say no issue.  Larger amounts are more problematic as UAE banks have been known to abuse interpol reporting by issuing red notices for bounced cheques and unpaid debt. 

But you have been arrested and deported for a suspected theft case.  So basically that means, a criminal case was registered against you which led to jail and then a deportation order.  Criminal records are generally shared among GCC countries and on visa issuance, they check the security database. 

So in all likelihood, you might not even get a visa - suggest to try and see.

hi Xtang,

The new company got a visa under my name. So does it mean I didn't have any record since you were saying that gcc countries shared related criminal records?

Anyway, I don't want to admit that I did such criminal offense and besides the court ordered for my release after 1 month in the jail.

After my released the police station holds my passport and said they needed it to clean my name in the system but after a month and came back to take it, they hold me and deported. Never knew what was really their intention.

I moved on by way. Just sharing my experience and might help to somebody in the future with the same case.

That's good if you got a visa.  This means that your record was not serious enough to be put on the GCC level.  In that case, I wouldn't worry.