Moving to GIB from Ireland with kids

Hi All,

I wonder if someone with kids could give me useful informations? Im Kate and in summer Im planning to move to Gibraltar. Which area is the best to live with kids? Playgrounds, other families, schools etc. I heard that all schools are catholics. Is it true? Are they all same? Do you know what's the price for creche and afterschool? Do you receive a child benefit? Anythink I have to know or do before we move in?

I'll really appreciate your help!

Regards
Kate

Hi Kate I'm interested did you find out any of theses answers as we are hoping to move our next year we have two young children and are from n Ireland

Hi,

As you can see no one has replayed to my query :) I found few nice creches in the area and prices.
Do you have a date when are you moving? Did you get a job or planning to find something later on.

I won't be making moving until spring next year (2019) my husband is heading out to start his training period in December for 4months first then we will head out by that point I will be needing pre school and primary school options they are 3 &4 now  I think from what I have read most schools if not catholic will still facilitate holy communion etc through the school! I will look for work once they are settled in I work in a hospital at the moment so hoping I can get work in st Bernard's! Will you be working? What ages are your children?

Hi Kate,
I'm planning to move on September to Gibraltar with my 5 year old daughter and just can't get enough information for schools there. I'm not sure if it's better to live on Spain and go to work there and have her school or to make it all in GIB. How is it living there? Any advices on which area is best to live in? Thanks

Hi Kate did you move to Gibraltar. just wondered if you have any tips on schools, where to live, are there activities for kids as we are moving out in September. thanks