Live in belize

hello to all my name is Andrea I'm 40 years old and I'm living in cancun in mexico ...
I would love to move to Belize .... I have a camper and I would like to take the trip with this.
I'm looking for various information for the internet but the opinions that I find are quite conflicting about the fact of safety and work in this country.
Is there anyone living there who can give me some clarification please?
I wait for your answers .... thanks .... Andrea

hola a todos mi nombre es Andrea tengo 40 años y vivo en Cancún en México ...
Me encantaría mudarme a Belice ... Tengo una caravana y me gustaría hacer el viaje con esto.
Estoy buscando información diversa para Internet, pero las opiniones que encuentro son bastante contradictorias sobre el hecho de la seguridad y el trabajo en este país.
¿Hay alguien viviendo allí que pueda darme alguna aclaración, por favor?
Espero tus respuestas ... gracias ... Andrea

Welcome to the Belize Forum. You can find the answers to many questions here, as well as many opinions.
The short answer:
-there is no employment in Belize if you are not a permanent resident or citizen, with rare exception
-you can work remotely from Belize via mail, phone, internet
-I personally don't have any safety concerns, but use common sense like anywhere else
-there are restrictions about bringing a vehicle into Belize, if you are planning to stay
Visiting is the best way to determine if it suitable for you.
Best wishes.

Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow for the morning I will travel to the corozal. Do you have any information regarding the border from Mexico?thank you

Unfortunately I do not know about that, as I have never driven into Belize. If you are just visiting, it shouldn't be a problem. I know that there are have been issues with Mexican officials charging the $294 peso fee to exit Mexico, but it seems to vary a lot from individual to individual as to who pays what.

Hello,

My name is Stan and I live in Corozal. An expat who has been living here for about seven years, so I think I know the score! I'm not one for giving advice, but I will make an exception in this case.

Sell the camper and take a bus to Belize. The duty on a vehicle such as that will be as much as it is worth. Don't think these people will treat you fairly. This is a pirate culture and exists on bribes. They tend to gouge expats when they can. I enjoy living here because I know how to survive in this culture. Pay the proper person the proper amount and life here can be peaceful and harmonious. Try to do it the gringo way and you will hit a solid wall of objections and criticism.

I have made friends here that are well respected in this town. They get their way and are willing to help me when needed. I pay my rent on time every month and my landlord will do most anything I ask because of my timely rent payments.

I hope this info helps you in some small way. Feel free to look me up after you arrive in Corozal - sallen@htmf.com. It would be my pleasure to show you around and help you get familiar with the town and maybe some of the historical sites near-by. Good luck to you and I hope you have a safe journey.

respectfully,

Stan