From Working Visa to Family Visa

Hello Good Day. I need your help with this pls.

Is it possible for me to get a family visa? I'm over 18 and the only family member I have here in Bahrain is my mom.
Here's the catch I have a working visa but planning to switch it to a family visa. Is it possible? and if so.. can you help me what are the requirements and process to be done?

Your thoughts and advise are very much welcome and needed. Thank you.

It is possible but it cannot be done through LMRA.  Over 18 visas are issued directly by immigration.

It is standard documents like passport copies of applicant and sponsor, birth certificate, NOC from other parent etc.  Salary of your mother needs to be 400 BD or more and her company has to fill and stamp the sponsor section of the paper form (She has to be on a work or investor visa to sponsor you).

Have a look at this: http://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/189

Thank you for your response. It wouldn't be an issue if I transferred from a working visa to a family visa?

I'm like 25 years old, and I'm worried they won't accept my reasons. :'(

It really varies case to case and also depends on how strong a PRO you have.   

Generally, female children have slightly higher chances than males in this situation. Unmarried more than married. Divorced better than single.     But as I said before, difficult to predict and especially as you are close to 25.   

Most people I know in this similar situation have set up companies to sponsor older kids or put property under their names.

Set up companies to sponsor older kids? To have a family visa?

No. They give them a working visa under the company. 

A company sorts two issues:

1) Visas for older people beyond retirement age.   They can get investor visas but not work visas
2) Visas for older dependents.  They can get work visas but have problem getting family visas

Property also solves the above issues but only for the person who is owning the property.