William and Kate.........a story of our time

People… I bring you a question of great importance. A friend of mine, lets call him William has met a girl online, lets call her Kate have decided to take their online friendship to the next level by meeting up. Yes that's right here in Riyadh ! They need a place where they can sit down together and have a coffee or whatever without being disturbed by anyone. Or maybe go for a walk or window shopping in a mall ? Suggestions please and no negative 'its impossible blah blah blah' ive seen a picture of Kate so failure is not an option - William is determined to meet her. Thanks guys...

u can go to DQ.....go any coffee shop or restaurant or any compound cafeteria  ..have a chit chat ...what else:P

Dubliner1967 wrote:

People… I bring you a question of great importance. A friend of mine, lets call him William has met a girl online, lets call her Kate have decided to take their online friendship to the next level by meeting up. Yes that's right here in Riyadh ! They need a place where they can sit down together and have a coffee or whatever without being disturbed by anyone. Or maybe go for a walk or window shopping in a mall ? Suggestions please and no negative 'its impossible blah blah blah' ive seen a picture of Kate so failure is not an option - William is determined to meet her. Thanks guys...

You will find a way don't worry, such things always makes it path where wolves fear to prey...

Dubiliner i like the choice names, No where did you come up with them, LOL.

i Wise you (Oppss I mean your Friend) the best i met my wife on line now going back over 5 years ago and she was the best thing to ever happen to me and we have an amazing daughter too. so dont worry tell your Friend (WInk WInk) go for it.

now i would have expected the names Mary and Sean lol

Good luck my friend.

It's not that diffiuclt, almost all places are safe here, for a safe bet go out more often at day times; i mean William & Kate

Bowling next week can also be a good venue

Hire a fully tainted GMC for a whole day, orbit around Riyadh, get eatables in between and satisfy your ambitions :)

This kind of a date usually known as ‘Hide & Seek' (‘Chupan Chupai' in Urdu)......And its Sub-continent's special: p

malisohail wrote:

Hire a fully tainted GMC for a whole day, orbit around Riyadh, get eatables in between and satisfy your ambitions :)

This kind of a date usually known as ‘Hide & Seek' (‘Chupan Chupai' in Urdu)......And its Sub-continent's special: p

heheheh here comes Mr experienced :P

slyshooter wrote:

It's not that diffiuclt, almost all places are safe here, for a safe bet go out more often at day times; i mean William & Kate

Bowling next week can also be a good venue

lolllll .. good one sly ..

@dubliner: Why do good things always happen to some one else and not me.. ;)

and the best place to be, starbucks, the family section, they usually have enough privacy to have a good chat. and then nobody will bother you either

But you still cant have your Kate and Edith?

Go to the Faiselier tower 12th floor (I think) a good resturant for Kate and William. Make sure kate arrives separately in a taxi. U can go to Scallines (Italian) resturant in DQ (between 2-3rd circle) also make sure Kate arrives in differnt taxi. Also starbucks in DQ - same arrive separately.

Tell William I say enjoy his evening ;)

Its on 11A...

Kamii would know... after all th "kate and wlliam" adventures he has had? ;)

Lollll...11A on Faisaliah tower is a nice place, open air, clear  view of riyadh's dusty skyline..for reasons unknown to me, it's a favorite hangout of saudi med students

RedGoblin wrote:

I've been in riyadh for about three months, haven't had the chance here yet

kamiii wrote:
RedGoblin wrote:

I've been in riyadh for about three months, haven't had the chance here yet

're u sure ?

yes sparrow is right....Scallines (Italian) resturant in DQ  is best idea

I am curious to know how is the story of William and Kate progressing? Has the prince met his princess? ;)

oh yeah, hopefully they managed to find a venue for their rendezvous ;)

They did indeed find a venue - Starbucks in the Sahara mall. They met at the entrance to starbucks ariving at the same moment and Kate nervously looking around said 'dont shake my hand'. William had more of a european greeting in mind - a kiss to the cheek, but this being Saudi he kept his hands to himself and followed Kate to the family section where they had a great chat. For the fashion conscious royal watchers among you, William dressed smart casual and Kate wore a lovely black ensemble which left everything to the imagination. After coffee they walked around the mall browsing the clothes shops enjoying each others company.
Keep up your suggestions for their next meeting and I'll pass them along.......... :)

WOw! you actually took my suggestion? Glad to help..... I think! :D

What a beautiful story! I have been wondering what Kate will be wearing on the day!

May they live happily ever after!

how sweet..glad to know they had great time despite the circumstances :happy:

Tell Kate to becareful, the walking together around the mall is what will invite the Motawa to ask William for his marriage license to Kate. Then Kate will go to jail and get flogged 1000lashes and William will get deported.

The next trip William needs to take is the trip to Batha for a  'liscence' - if William understands what I mean.

lolll @ sparrow.. nice suggestion about the license..

Btw.. I suggest it would be best to just hang out at a compound cafe or something .. but you need to know someone in the compound to be able to go there..

Although my compound does not have a coffee house.. you are most welcome to come and meet inside my compound..hang out in the lawn/ at my place.. provided you bring coffee and snacks for yourself and me :P

Sparrow wrote:

Tell Kate to becareful, the walking together around the mall is what will invite the Motawa to ask William for his marriage license to Kate. Then Kate will go to jail and get flogged 1000lashes and William will get deported.

The next trip William needs to take is the trip to Batha for a  'liscence' - if William understands what I mean.

Confidence is the key, do you think Muttawa's ask each and every couple at a mall to prove their marriage??? how many times have they asked you.

I can prove that you can date easily anywhere in Riyadh, just don't panic and don't go to Tahlia restaurants on weekend afternoons.

HAHAHAHAHAHA i cant stop laughing with the story ending,sparrow's suggestion and above all Kami's suggestion......dont ever do it dubliner because may be he will suggest ,"Hey william, i would suggest u to dont go out together,its not save u go out first she will follow u in a while" and then Tainnnn tainnn Fishhhh :lol:

@Sly, unfortunately, I am blonde and the rest of saudi in dark haired which means, I will be the first to be caught in a mall - I know these saudi rules backwards, luckily also I live in DQ so I have a great social life anyway. I do empathise with William and Kate. Its difficult, but if you dont have a couple of the similar nationality, you will be caught, these Motawa have been doing this job for years.

I agree absolutly with Kamii and this is what this blog is about, getting together with bloggers in a safe, secure western/eastern environment whatever, so that we are not waltzing around a mall like William and Kate and face deportation, jail and lashings. We have some female staff in jail, One Eqyptian and 2 x Philapino and our Management is not interested but they are waiting there to get deported. This thing is real!

'waltzing around a mall' - get over yourself !
William would never put Kate in any danger :)

Dubliner1967 wrote:

'waltzing around a mall' - get over yourself !
William would never put Kate in any danger :)

Oh,that is so januu :rolleyes:

Guess how Kate hooked William?

She believed so strongly in, "Where theres a Will, theres a way"

musicman wrote:

Guess how Kate hooked William?

She believed so strongly in, "Where theres a Will, theres a way"

:lol: good one

'where theres a will I want to be named in it'

I wish both of you all the best if it is love what you are looking for...

"Love, like a river, will cut a new path
whenever it meets an obstacle."

you sir are a poet - I will pass on your kind regards to this lovely couple :)

oraclefusions wrote:

I wish both of you all the best if it is love what you are looking for...

"Love, like a river, will cut a new path
whenever it meets an obstacle."

like a tunnel through an underpass in Europe?

@michalis: no need to shout it out.. we all hear just fine.. :D

RedGoblin wrote:

@michalis: no need to shout it out.. we all hear just fine.. :D

hahahahhaa may be he wants to be noticeable :P

Sparrow wrote:

@Sly, unfortunately, I am blonde and the rest of saudi in dark haired which means, I will be the first to be caught in a mall - I know these saudi rules backwards, luckily also I live in DQ so I have a great social life anyway. I do empathise with William and Kate. Its difficult, but if you dont have a couple of the similar nationality, you will be caught, these Motawa have been doing this job for years.

I agree absolutly with Kamii and this is what this blog is about, getting together with bloggers in a safe, secure western/eastern environment whatever, so that we are not waltzing around a mall like William and Kate and face deportation, jail and lashings. We have some female staff in jail, One Eqyptian and 2 x Philapino and our Management is not interested but they are waiting there to get deported. This thing is real!

Hi Blonde girl. I did not have any problems with my hair in Riyadh. Never been told off. I had scarf of course on my neck, but  longish blonde hair never covered.
Some saudi women will come to me and telling that I have nice hair and even touching it. I feel like princess there. I feel respect from Saudi men too, they never looked at me in bad way.   I think its depends on how  behave in crowd...
Kate and William eventually will meet in Cafe its safe if they will behave normally and not  go physically :)) I  mean no hugging or kissing. The rest they can decide later if they like to do in private zone, not for other people looking at them.
I was in mall many times with  western male friends of mine from compound and muttawa just past us with no looking at us..... I do not know why... 
Good luck for all lovers in Saudi :)) Just be sensible...