Health care in Buenos Aires

Hello everyone,

One among the various issue that many expatriates usually raise is Health Care. So, I think it would be very interesting and helpful to start a topic about Health.

> So, can you please list some of the private clinics & public hospitals in Buenos Aires?

> What about dental care? May be some tips about the costs?

> Some addresses of Eye care clinic, opticians will also be welcomed!

> Some addresses of pharmacies around Buenos Aires will also be useful.

Do not hesitate, to add more related items to the list.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Health care is free in Argentina regardless of immigration status or even if you are a tourist who has been in the country for 5 minutes.  In my opinion the quality of the free care here exceeds that of paid care in my own country.  The public hospitals are staffed, by law, with doctors from the private hospitals (where you do need to pay or need insurance).  All doctors are required to have rotations in the public facilities, meaning their level of care is equal to that of the private place (in my opinion). 

The only setback with the public health care is that it might take a couple of hours to get in to see a doctor, but in my country it could take much more time than that with the very best insurance money can buy.

Here is a comprehensive list of hospitals:
http://www.e-medicum.com/links/hospitales.php

Here is the government public health site:
http://www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/salud/

Public Hospitals include:
Hospital Ramos Mejía
Hospital Argerich
Hospital Fernández
Hospital Vélez Sarsfield

Private Hospitals include:
Sanatorio Otamendi
Hospital Italiano
Hospital Alemán
Hospital Suizo
Hospital Británico
Sanatorio de la Trinidad
Sanatorio Mater Dei (Maternity)
FLENI (Neurology)
Fundación Favaloro (Cardiology)
Cardiovascular Buenos Aires (Cardiology)

Dental, eye, etc. are all cheap as hell.

You are never further than a few blocks from an all night pharmacy, so no need to list them.

Thanks for your contribution WhynnWoods ;)

Looking for a good English Speaking Cosmetic Dentist in BA - Palermo or Recoleta area.
Thanks!