Banking services in Saudi Arabia

I am born in saudi arabia and have lived almost my entire life here. I have managed a bank account in my own country but recently i planned on opening an account in jeddah but i was dumb founded by how employees within the same bank as well as in its branch would have such a difference in information regarding what documents do i need or what if i am unemployed currently. Did it happen to anyone else also? The bank that i was visiting is SABB and its employees have wasted my morning sleep with nothing in return.

Banking in the GCC leaves a lot to be desired vs. international standards of customer service.  And banking in Saudi is a lot worse than anywhere else in the GCC.  Only in Saudi; even to deposit funds, you are made to jump through hoops to be able to do that.  Anything extra - forget about it.

Oh Gosh! It did feel a waste of time to ask the employees as all they would say first, "did you file an application online" and wouldnt even talk to you before doing that. I mean why would i file an application before getting complete info on my concerns. Actually i wanted to open an account with good limit and being an unemployed i cant possibly give a sponsor letter from a firm.