Visa refusal appeal

Hi, I just wanted to ask if you have any idea regarding the period of time for when is the decision for my appeal will be possibly released? Because I applied for my short stay (tourist) visa, and it was refused dated last January 10 and I've sent the appeal last January 31st with the supporting documents. I also want to ask on how will you know if they already decided and what to do next incase they grant my appeal. Thank you very much 😊

Hi,

What reason did the IND give for refusing your tourist visa application?

1. Insufficient means for the duration of my intended stay to which I submitted my updated bank statement

2. The intention to leave the territory of the member state could not be ascertained to which I submitted again my return flight,  work contract, approved leave of absence from my work, salary certificate

3. Sufficient justification for the purpose of stay to which I submitted my detailed itineraries for my whole trip that will be from Feb 15-March 23,2018.

I've sent the appeal last Jan 24, but it got there Jan 31 due to courier delays. And I just want to ask if there are any possibilities that they will have the decision before my travel period. Because I read from their website that it usually take 12 weeks. Thank you!!!

Thanks for the further information; it appears that you have adequately explained the issues to the IND.

I've just checked the IND website (here); it states there that:

IND wrote:

"You have to submit an application for review within 4 weeks after the date of the letter refusing your application. The IND will decide on the application for review within 19 weeks. The decision period of 19 weeks always starts on the last day on which you are able to submit an application for review. Even if you submit the application for review earlier. This decision period can be extended by a maximum of 6 weeks."

Probably not what you wanted to read, but I hope I've helped clarify this.

Cynic
Expat Team

So it's not also smart to just rebook my flights. Are there  period of time maybe crtain days or months before you can re apply visa? Or is it ok to re-apply even if the decision for my appeal has not yet been released?  Thank you very much for your responses.

My advice would be to wait to re-book your flights until you receive the results of your appeal.  If you are declined again, then there is something else wrong that they will explain and you will need to address that before you re-apply; you can re-apply at any time.

Best of luck on your journey.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello!

Thank you very much for answering all my queries, you've been a big help!

Regards,
Cristina

No problem, if you have any further questions, please come back to us. :)

Hi,

Did you get your visa after you submit an appeal? How long did you wait? I submitted my Appeal last April 5 and still waiting. My intended visit is on 6th of July.

Hey did you got your visa after you appelaed? Please let me know im on the similar case
Thankyou😊

How do I write letter to Netherlands IND for rejected visa

Ok, listen this is simple. Just follow the instructions on below link and you also find a example letter for your appeal.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/blog/h … a-refusal/

Good luck