Close

How long does the MVV Procedure take?

Hi,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Unfortunately, I'm from one of those countries that require an MVV in order to get a Dutch Residence Permit.
I have been married to my husband for 2.5 years, we got married in my country and our marriage is already registered in the Netherlands.

I have already done the Inburgeringscursus in the Netherlands (A2 level) and passed all parts of the exam and have the diploma.

So here's the thing. My husband has submitted all of my documents in IND in Eindhoven, and it has been exactly 30 days today since the submission. I'm just waiting for the Positive Advice from the IND, how long does this normally take?

I have been told that it takes 3 months but is it usually shorter than that? I am currently staying in London because the Dutch law requires me to stay outside the Netherlands as long as the procedure is taking place and I am allowed to stay in the United Kingdom for 6 months on Tourist visa. I couldn't afford to travel all the way back to my country for so long and I have no place to stay there. I also plan to apply for my MVV in the embassy here in London.

So, how long does it take to receive Positive Advice from the IND? And how long does the MVV application itself take?

Hope to get some answers, thank you in advance.

Mine took 3 weeks! :up:

The average time is 3 months. My MVV was ready in 4 weeks (from the moment I l knew I passed on the embassy test until the moment I went to embassy to take my MVV). But I know some others that took a little bit longer.

Hi there...my mvv tooks almost 3 months waiting...you should ask your  husband to call IND and ask how is your document status...my suggestion is every 2 weeks you call them and ask for the status...

Thanks and good luck...

Lovemnia -- Did you got your MVV positive advise exactly for 3 months? We are waiting for 3 weeks now.  we called them everyday even and send a letter. Until now we are waiting for advise.

Actually every person is different, sometime can be fast sometimes not. I got my mvv for almost 3months maybe around 12weeks waiting. Sometimes it depends on your luck also. I don't understand how IND work but just prepare for the worst (3 months waiting). Wish you all the best...

Groetjes,
Angela

I live in africa, i understand that mvv takes 3 months or less but usually depends on where one comes from, so my question is, for a person like me who comes from zambia, how long can it take? Anyone with a similar experience?

I think it has nothing to do in which part of the world you live but when you apply. In the summer it's busier than in winter for example. Most of the results comes in the time frame which is given but there are always exception due some reasons : the application is not complete, a missing document or even a stamp can cause the delay.

Take it easy and be patient.
Guess that is one of the most difficult and stressful part of the process.

Thanks for the reply.. i assumed country of origin would matter because of differences in country economies and all.

Very hard to say. I'm following a group on FB. There are some whose spouse/partners are from Egypt, Turkey and they got their approval letters within 2 weeks.

We received ours in 20 days. A lot of those days went to postal waiting time.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Khinvdijk
Civic Integration Exam
By Khinvdijk
Heart09
ama1966
Important requirement to approve for MVV Visa
By ama1966
Nethereven
ciqqs
dutchcanadian
Travelling around Europe with a Nederlands Tourist Visa
By dutchcanadian

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Netherlands

Flights to the Netherlands

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Netherlands