New members of the Finland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Finland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Finland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi!  Moving to Turku in 2019 for 6 month, as my wife is going to be doing a Fulbright scholarship there.  Hoping when there to talk my way into doing some theatre work, ideally directing, and generally integrating with the local arts scene.  Also hoping to find out about the possibilities of my (when we get there) nearly 5 year old kid playing football, as he is basically obsessed with the game.  Looking to find other Internationals and English speakers living there, and to ask questions about the local culture.

Hello

i just moved to Finland for 3 months so I'm looking to meet new friends

Hello people I am new here. I am from Kolkata, India. Recently completed my PhD from Jadavpur University India in the field of Industrial and Production Engineering. I have recently got a postdoc offer from University of Jyväskylä, Finland. The gross salary is roughly 40k Eur / year. Health care, pension, travel or accidental benefits are covered.

Can any one tell me how good this job offer is?
how good is the  University of Jyväskylä?
what would be my net monthly salary?
Is it enough for an Indian married couple to live a good life and save some?
How is the living cost in Jyväskylä to live a moderate life?
My PI over there wants me to join the job ASAP. How long it generally takes to process the residence permit application?
if i opt to bring my wife later after I joined the job, how much difficult the process would be to obtain a residence permit for her?

any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I am Sal. I plan to be in Helsinki before summer (May sometime). Just working on an acquisition in the city itself (not from the station or U Helsinki).

Hi I'm living here in helsinki and work at alixia gym. I'm English and was wondering if anyone else is? I'm also looking for an English speaking football team! Give me a msg

Hello, all! My name is Warren Kwek, and I'm from Malaysia.

I am a junior professional in child protection work with UNHCR in Malaysia at the moment. Currently exploring opportunities to grow within the sector as I believe Finland has an excellent social services system, probably the best in the world. Would love to be in it to learn and grow more.

I also understand that university programs in social work or child protection (particularly for Masters programmes), it is almost always conducted in Finnish. Does anyone know of any English Masters for social work? Been looking around but I haven't been successful.

Hope I'll be able to garner some discussion here. :)

God bless!

Hi my name is Bryan and I am from India based in Dubai. Planning and looking to open an business in finland

Hello everyone,

I just moved to Helsinki with my family last night...I will need guide on anything about the city.

Thanks.

William.

Hi, my name is Gilen and I moved to Finland last year. I moved both because I got engaged to a Finn, and because I felt I could better myself with a fresh start in a new country.

I'm looking for friends in the Turku area!

Hello.
Lance Jergensen, Getting a position for 18 month's in Lahti. Have been to Brewing School in Denmark and visited Finland in the past. I want to know how to get a Finnish Cell Phone and number before I depart November 24th.  And where to to get studded Mountain Bike tires locally. How to get an EU Work Visa. the consulate is worthless..

Lance

Hi ,My is Andy ,
Im looking at moving to Helsinki Finland before the new year to be with my fiancee who is Finnish ,and will be looking for work .
I work for the NHS in England but would be willing to do any work until I learn Finnish any information about jobs for an English speaking person would be much appreciated
Thanks
Andy

I want to visit Finland  :(

I moved to Finland for work, interested in making new friends in Helsinki region. Am a nature lover and amazing cuisine turns me on.

Hii!! Someone around Tampere interested in hanging out on the weekend?

No corazon I would like to accompany you but I am far from you I am in the Caribbean in Cuba, if you are interested in enjoying an excellent climate and a good security and tranquility here I wait for you.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829985

Thanks!

Closed