Going out in Stavanger

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Stavanger?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

Be sure to try "Cardinalen Pub", just a block from inner Vågen. The absolutely best supply of beer in Norway - I think they have 30something different brands on beers on draught alone, in addition to their impressive selection of bottled beer.

Restaurants I like are Dehli, an indian down the side of the cinema, and Vinhuset (on Skagen with a red carpet in the street) - I also want to try Bevaremegvel next door.  The restaurant in the Harbour Bowl is also really good.  The cafe Bacchus is nice for food, plus the Skjokolade cafe and Amy's are good for drinks.

At Resept they have vegetarian food now! I definitely like that. Then I like the brownies at Kult.kafeen, and the food in general at Ostehuset - naaaam!!! As a café I like Bøker & Børst. Then there is an Indian restaurant, I think it's in Verksgate (close to the Tau ferry)that I like.

The Newsman, just across the street from Cardinal is good, always busy with people kicking back and having fun.  A nice pub but Cardinal gets my vote!  Martinique also has some good live music some nights.

Neal

Hi! I'm new in Stavanger. Somebody up for some chat or meet or something?

Hi beacsku!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand