Obtaining a business visa by investing in a franchise

As per title, I would like to know:

1- what is (if there is) a minimum investment requirement to obtain a business visa by investing in a franchise with a Filipino business partner.
2- is there a higher taxation for foreigners?
3- whether I can open a Filipino bank account before I get the visa, and if there's any max cash deposits
4- Also expected time frames and tips / things to watch out for.

Australian citizen here.

Thanks!

Hi,
I tried to meet the Philippines commercial counselor but in vane, I sent emails to find out about what you are asking about but I wasn't that successful.
I hope that one day investors can find reliable source of information for this subject.

Doesn't seem like the Philippines is very interested in foreign investors, other than a huge Chinese telecommunications company.

try this:

http://investphilippines.gov.ph/setting … -business/

good luck!

Really? Shame there isn't much information about those topics. Are there any professional business consultants who specialize into giving advice to foreigners interested into investing in the Philippines?

I guess you better inquire from immigration office first and they  can guide you for your further needs, but be very careful about who you deal with.
You may be able to process all your documents on your own...its quite faster now and you can always call a government helpline number 8888 complaints of corruption,etc... Always get the name and designation/office of the person you deal with.

I have also been looking at investing and was told i would need to invest $200,000 as a minimum and then GIFT (give away) 60% of that to a Philipinno in order to retain my 40%.  I was also told that my spouse could not be the person I gifted the 60% too. Sounds completely crazy

The reason why you seldom see content or find it hard to get information for these kinds of topics is because it is experiential. It is a disadvantage on the part of both the interested foreign investors and the Philippines because investors get discourage and turn away for other options. Maybe you can consult a visa consulting firm to assist you with your concern. I can refer you if you wanna try if their rates is amendable to you as well as the scope of service.

MaroBautista wrote:

The reason why you seldom see content or find it hard to get information for these kinds of topics is because it is experiential. It is a disadvantage on the part of both the interested foreign investors and the Philippines because investors get discourage and turn away for other options. Maybe you can consult a visa consulting firm to assist you with your concern. I can refer you if you wanna try if their rates is amendable to you as well as the scope of service.

Any visa consulting firm you (or others) could recommend?
Here in Australia there's plenty of migration agents specialized in foreingers who want to invest in Australia.. would be good to find someone like that in the Philippines.
Anyone feel free to PM me as well.