How to apply an Irish tourist visa here in the Philippines?

I am interested to visit Ireland next year, but there is no Irish embassy in the Philippines to lodge the application papers and docs. I read somewhere that the only way to have it is through Irish embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia. Is there any other option aside from this? Thanks.

hi ,unless things have changed recently -the irish consulate is still in makati ,Address: 70 Jupiter Street Bel Air 1, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone:+63 2 896 4668

Please don't accuse me of being 'petty' as that's not my intention....

Obviously ensure:
Schengen Visa for SOUTHERN Ireland.
UK Visa for NORTHERN Ireland 

And fly directly to Southern Ireland as you cannot travel 'overland' from the UK without also having a UK Visa too. You can however, fly Asia - UK - Southern Ireland if you remain "in transit" at the UK airport and do not exit into the UK/pass through immigration)

:top:

PS. You will surely LOVE Southern Ireland [if that's your destination] it is very beautiful and the Irish are an incredibly welcoming and friendly bunch. Enjoy!  :up:

Thank you, but Ireland is not part of Schengen zone if Im not mistaken, and has their own visa policy.

Filchub wrote:

Thank you, but Ireland is not part of Schengen zone if Im not mistaken, and has their own visa policy.

YES you are indeed correct. Well I never. I've learnt something new today!! Thank you.

I see Southern Ireland has "opted-out" of Schengen and operates its own immigration/visa requirements.

Still worth noting the advice regarding no 'overland' travel between borders without securing a UK visa too (obviously!!)

:)

Filchub wrote:

so -did you try in makati?

Expat IFA wrote:

Please don't accuse me of being 'petty' as that's not my intention....

Obviously ensure:
Schengen Visa for SOUTHERN Ireland.
UK Visa for NORTHERN Ireland 

And fly directly to Southern Ireland as you cannot travel 'overland' from the UK without also having a UK Visa too. You can however, fly Asia - UK - Southern Ireland if you remain "in transit" at the UK airport and do not exit into the UK/pass through immigration)

:top:

PS. You will surely LOVE Southern Ireland [if that's your destination] it is very beautiful and the Irish are an incredibly welcoming and friendly bunch. Enjoy!  :up:

-bit confused by this -how does he get  to ireland if doesnt exit uk?

Q:

-bit confused by this -how does he get  to ireland if doesnt exit uk?

A: Fly into Dublin or be a "transit passenger" in the UK (say, Heathrow) and don't leave the airport/exit immigration and 'connect' to a Dublin/Southern Ireland flight.

NB: UK is England, Scotland, Wales, NORTHERN Ireland.

ok but he isnt really asking for flight info only where to get visa ,i do know what uk is since ive lived near it all my life

and he may also need transit visa even if not entering uk

If he does not need to 'check-in' luggage for the connecting flight (same airline for connecting flight) then he does NOT need a transit visa.

If he needs to collect luggage and check-in for the connecting flight (using different airline for the onward flight to Ireland) then YES he does need a 'Visitor in Transit' visa. (as he would have to pass through immigration before collecting any luggage).

I have just gone through the online process (gov.uk) to check for him, so this is accurate :)

(1) Online application
(2) Take everything to Irish Consulate - Jupiter St. Makati. (by appointment)

greenetravel wrote:
Filchub wrote:

Not yet. My plan to travel to Ireland is next year. If Irish consulate in Makati processes visa application, I will push for it. If not, I will definitively cancel my travel plan and maybe just stay in UK.

Filchub wrote:
greenetravel wrote:
Filchub wrote:

Not yet. My plan to travel to Ireland is next year. If Irish consulate in Makati processes visa application, I will push for it. If not, I will definitively cancel my travel plan and maybe just stay in UK.

what is your purpose of travel?  id say you have very slim chance of getting any visa for uk

greenetravel wrote:
Filchub wrote:
greenetravel wrote:

what is your purpose of travel?  id say you have very slim chance of getting any visa for uk

What gives you the impression that I have a very slim chance of getting a visa to UK? I was just in UK earlier this year, stayed there for 3months. I got my 6-month standard tourist visa approved with no hassle. I am considering to go to Ireland for sightseeing since it's a close neigbor to UK.

well most filipinos have even trouble getting visa for asian countries or been let out of the country not alone europe,may i ask why you didnt consider appyling for visa to visit ireland while in uk ?

I did not apply in UK because it's not allowed by embassies there for a tourist to apply for a tourist visa (with exceptions to permanent residents and international students).

As per policy, a tourist must apply back to his home country where there is a representation of the third country he is planning to go to, in as far as European embassies are concerned.

And modesty aside, I dont think I will ever get trouble getting a visa as I am in a very good and above average disposition in life. I might be earning more than what your ambassador is getting in a month. lol.  I have been to other parts of Europe before with my Schengen visa.

anyone can be refused a visa  -doesnt matter how rich you are ,btw -whos my ambassador?

Anyone can be refused, but in my case I have never been denied of any of the visas I applied before.

1. Return flight
2. Itinerary (hotel reservations or letter of invitation from resident)
3. Travel insurance
4. No previous over-stay or derogatory record (including criminal)
5. Proof of income/funding for your stay.

If under 21 (I am not exactly sure of the local Philippine law regarding age) but there may be a requirement to have notarised permission from Grandparents/Parents for younger travellers - dependent upon length of stay and/or any Consulate concerns regarding enforced labour/human trafficking etc.

If you can satisfy the above - it is very rare to be refused a tourist visa.

:offtopic: Although 'off topic' UK visa's are notoriously strict - but this is mainly because (i) so many people seek to work illegally in the UK and the fact that (ii) even the basic tourist visa is usually a 6 month multi-entry visa - so its a valuable commodity - and therefore a bit harder to apply for!