Is 15000 SAR per month is good salary in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) ?

I am from India and I got an opportunity to work in Riyadh metro as a CMMS expert and company offered 15000 SAR per month. I have to take care of accommodation and transportation and we are a family of 2 members .

Is 15000 SAR per month is a good salary ? how much I can save ? What is the rent for single bedroom in Riyadh ?

Thanks,
  Ajay

It's a good salary.

Good Salary ... Go on

You will save about 5k min.

15000 SAR per month is too less considering

Accomodation  and Petrol and Electricity  on your account ,  also School fees is very high

Renegotiate your contract

AJaykotapati wrote:

I am from India and I got an opportunity to work in Riyadh metro as a CMMS expert and company offered 15000 SAR per month. I have to take care of accommodation and transportation and we are a family of 2 members .

Is 15000 SAR per month is a good salary ? how much I can save ? What is the rent for single bedroom in Riyadh ?

Thanks,
  Ajay

Yearly expense for 2 bed room hall kitchen is: aprox 25000 (varies from location to location, can be 30k and 20k as well.) initially you will have to pay 6 months rent, 1500 aqari fees  (one time for life), 600 water charges (one time in a year) and approx. 6000 SAR for household.. some asks 4000 some ask 5000.. totally subjective.

Monthly electricity: approx. 250
Monthly food expense: approx. 1500-1800
Transportation (using uber or careem): 1000-1200 depends upon office location...your house must be near your office (you can buy your car later or sooner in 15000-20000 normal sedan)
family tax: monthly 200 per dependent. in your case it would be 200*3=600

In that case, best thing people do is, live for atleast 3 months without family in single accommodation which comes in 1000 SAR max.. save money , then call your family and buy house and other formalities.

I hope you can now decide if it makes difference with your current salary or not. I hope so it would. I mentioned maximum expense..you can do cost cutting as well.

I missed schooling expenses, since I can not say anything about it because my kiddo is not school going :)

Hi mubashirse

Thank you for you clear explanation.

Thanks,
   Ajay

Prices of oil has increased so has the prices of the utilities, and now Vat is also applicable on consumer goods. Earlier 15k was considered to be manageable, but considering the present scenario, it's seems to be on the lower side. If there's a possibility for negatioations and you feel you can do it - just go ahead with it. GOOD LUCK :)