Cost of Living with the package of 5000 SAR

Hi all,

I was planning to move to Riyadh and I got a offer of 5000 SAR as a  NOC Engineer. I am also having the offer of Technical Support Executive of package 3500 SAR. Basically I am having 3.5 year's Experience as NOC Engineer. Please guide me:
              1) which offer shall I accept to lead a decent life in Saudi Arabia with a neat budget (not a tight budget) as a bachelor?
              2) how much I can save if I choose above offer's ?
              3) Attestation of my degree certificate is necessary to work in Saudi Arabia?

Salary is not appropriate for your current designation even in Jeddah. It's my honest advise to you don't go to Riyadh If you are getting only a package of SAR 5,000. Living expenses in Riyadh are much more higher than Jeddah.
So my personal suggestion don't move to Riyadh on this package.

@Jazzz4333 can you tell me shall I raise negotiation to 7000 SAR package. is this sufficient? I think I can't raise no more that 7K becoz I am a new comer to Saudi. guidance please...

brother, try to at-least make it 6,000 riyal. When i was a new comer here that is my initial salary. it doesn't matter if you are a new comer or not. it is not important. what's important is your credibility to do the job. anyway goodluck  :top:

dont know what you are earning now

5000 is not a bad offer if they also giving accommodation/transport
even if no accommodation, you can get separate room in a shared apartment approx SR 700.
and food expense if you cook at home, alone or jointly with friends is not more than 700-800.
what else transportation, that you have to check the location of office and company transport availability.
remaining medical is compulsory from company,

even here ppl living with family in 6-7K package,

and if you are young, its good time to move and with experience you will get good offers

@ SajidHameed @ my"name"is"raffy, thanks, please tell me how much i can save from 5k package.

can someone give the range of money will spent on each expense i.e.Food, transport, accommodation, internet, phone,.etc

can you tell me degree attestation is must to apply for family visa or to work in Saudi.

Dear degree attestation is compulsory for jobs which require qualification, and only those profession employee are allowed to sponsor family in KSA whose visa is based on Degree.
HR experts can confirm this.

regarding expense it depends on how u live,
people here living in shared room with less than 1000 SR /month total budget + transportation.

so better is you give idea, of your job nature, any benefits offered other than salary?
location of office etc.

like for food if you are living in low cost area like Hara/shamisi etc, you can arrange 3 time food from hotel in 40-50 SR/day.
and if you cook at home ur total budget on food will be 500 approx/month.
remaining is your way of living, and facilities you want to use.

@ SajidHameed, I am new to Saudi Arabia. I am going to use accommodation provided my company (included in 5k package) & will use hotel food for every time. My other expenses are internet, cellphone, weekend outing...

Hope this will help to narrow down answer!!!!

Asslam o alikum......please read my complete message and reply..

(1) 3,000 riyal is enough to survive in saudi arabia?....bin dawood group (having super stores & hyper markets in jeddah, makkah, madinah) offer me 3000 riyal with accomodation , transport, medical and i am selected as assistant accountant. i am from lahore, pakistan and getting 60,000/- (equal to 2,200 saudi riyal) in pakistan. i did B.com in 2nd division and have 8 years experience.

(2.) i know current salary package is not sufficient but my friends told me, b.com degree holder with 5-7 years experience from pakistan on start maximum get approx riyal 3000-4000 in saudi arabia, and they advice me to come to saudi arabia and after getting two years experience of their counrty, i can get 5000 to 7000 riyal, but from pakistan to get start salary package of Riayl 5000-6000 not possible with b.com 2nd div degree.

please advice me....can i get 5000-7000  after two years foreign experience.