4500 SAR in Riyadh a good one to live

I have been offered a job in one of the MNC in riyadh of 4500 SAR. Am married with no kids..am not very sure if I could go ahead with this offer??this is inclusive of accommodation as well. Am wondering if there would be any savings with this salary? Also will my wife get a work permit visa??is it easy for a women to get a job there in software??

Congratulations on getting your job.

I dont think 4500sar is a good amount to take this move. If accommodation is excluding , it would have been still considered, else its not worth.

Better stay back in your country and could save some. If with wife, you may save 1000 at most, coz housing is expensive here. Also if you work here dosent mean your wife can work here. She just can enter KSA through visit visa or family visa. May be once she is here she can find some job suitable for women and then back to your country to make it work visa. But am quite confused with your package, even, why this company paying you so less? If soo less then complications for getting family visa for your wife tooo. SO think over and get more clear details, if possible find another job asap. Good luck.

SR 4500 is nothing. Better to just stay home!

As suggested by others better stay back home unless you're in a dire need to get out of the country.

As a case in point, my current salary is 8.75 times more now that it was when I first came to the Kingdom.

Quite shocking!  That's far from the typical expat experience in this country.  When did you arrive here?

I assume this is a yearly contract.  So it will make almost 4000 per month. With this amount you will have to share accomodation . There is no way to find a place to live, plus life became expensive here. Do not forget that your first package is very important. You may get increase but do not count on that. If you ask my idea try to get a better contract.

I do not want to mislead you, but that salary is small.  Do not even negotiate since you have nothing to negotiate about.  That salary should only be good for your grocery and car to drive around.  Your wife will never ever get a job there while you are there since she will be on visiting visa.  Again, women do not easily get jobs there unless if she is a nurse, and still she must be employed from her own country so that the sponsor is no longer you, but her new employer.  I could not last there earning SAR 25 000.

@Mothopo01: 25,000 per month is not enough for you?  Or do you mean 25,000 per year?  But none of those figures are what the OP's offer is.

The salary is quite low, but it all depends on what you are making now.  If this offer is significantly more--at least double--of your current offer, go ahead with it.  Salaries here are mainly dependent on nationality, and there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, earning less than 4,500 here.  You can expect to save anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 with that salary, depends on how much you tighten your belt.

As for your wife, it won't be easy finding a job for her in software.  It might be possible, but it mainly depends on luck, being in the right place at the right time.  Otherwise, perhaps she can get a job teaching in a school.  However, if she gets a job, she will have to transfer her sponsorship over to her employer.  Once/if she quits, she can come under your sponsorship again.  If you do accept the offer, accept it with the mindset that she won't be able to get a job.

Honestly, it's all depends of the situation.  If you really need a job badly, then go for it.  I've read one of the comment that there's a lot people who receives low compared to that amount.  Cost of living in Kingdom for me is not really that cheap, then if you will bring your wife much more expenses are concerned.

I am SA, and i still maintain it is too loooooowwwww.  SAR25 000 it too little my man.

please share ur views on

1) What is the job market here in KSA for engineering grads with no experience?

2) What do you think would be "just right" package for a recent engg. grad. in telecom sector, keeping in mind a good opportunity to get the necessary/valuable experience and exposure?

Thanks guys, I be in touch