Infant baby

I am travelling to Addis Ababa next month for work?
I have read many blogs on internet that it's not safe to travel to Addis Ababa with infant as there are lots of risks (like polio, yellow fever, malaria, cholera etc etc)
Can anybodý please help me so that I can finalise my further move..
Heard that there are lots of disease in Ethiopia...

Please help me

Thankss

Hi - ,

I saw your message and post and decided to reply here for others to see and if they have a different experience.

Shopping/Grocery/Medicine
You can find the basics but not many choices. You should be creative to find alternatives for your favorite products. Better to bring supply of your trusted medicines and products.

Vaccine - Better get  vaccinations before going to Ethiopia especially for your baby. They do not have all vaccines here.  Though upon arrival they only require the yellow fever vaccine.

Hospital - Most foreigners recommend Nordic Medical Center and the Korean hospital

Streets
I am an Asian female and do not have good experience walking the streets alone. I have been shouted at with racial remarks by random people. There are a lot of beggars and some can be aggressive and very persistent. I have been followed and grabbed by the arm aggressively by trying to ignore one. Better to take a taxi or have a car.

Activity
There are several good restaurants in Addis. No parks to hangout. But going to the province outside Addis is amazing.

This is only my personal opinion and experience others may have different.

I hope it helps.

Goodluck!

S

Hello Sarina
Thanks for your reply

I am also an asian currently living and working in Oman  but i got transfered to Addis Ababa which i need to join in a  very short span of time..
my concern is only the security of my family... like is it safe to bring family to addis,
My accomdation and car will be provided by the company...

can you please give me alittle brief
it will be much of help...

Thanks..

regards,
Umer

I have seen few foreigners with babies but I am not sure if they are tourists or expats. I have shared an overview of life to give you an idea. Security at home can be fine, having a guard is recommended against burglars. Since your company will be providing accomodation and car the main concern can be lack of BETTER products, services, facilities and hospitals. As mentioned there are basics but not many choice. All the best!