Schools

Hi,
does anybody know about any vaccinations that should be atken prior to travelling to Ethiopia.
Please also advice regarding the life their and means of entertainment for family and children

Hi, Can anybody advice regarding the life in Addis and how it goes regarding safety, shopping, prices and means of entertainment?

Thanks.

Hi, anybody knows about good International British school in Addis?
The ICS is extremly expensive, are there other options for International schools with native speaking teachers?

Hi, Can anybody advice regarding the life in Addis and how it goes regarding safety, shopping, prices and means of entertainment for children?
I need a british school with english native speakeing teachers other than ICS coz it is extremely expensive.

Thanks.

Hi Sousoudodi!

I think asking one question at a time could help other members focussing on your issues and advise you!

Regards
Armand

ok.

i think, you should have to do yellow fever vaccination and malaria

Thanks Ethioboy123

Thanks Jacobian

Sousoudodi,

For international schools, you can try Sandford International School, and check out their website (sandfordschool.org), or British International School (bisaddis.com). Good luck.

Thanks Virgoboy, I have even tried the Sandford and didn't find a place there for 2011-2012 academic year.

Regarding the BIS, it will be my last option as they don't have native speaking teachers and I would prefer native speakers.

Sousoudodi

Oh really? They don't have native English speaking teachers at BIS? It is too bad, because I am also considering sending my children there, in case I cannot send them to Sandford. Thank for the information about BIS teachers, Sousoudodi. Now, I know more about BIS, so I can decide whether to send my children there or not.

Yes dear, I have contacted the director there (Ann Rispin) and she advised that teachers are Ethiopians only and no English native speaking teachers, but she told me that they are highly educated and trained. But if you compared the fees for Sandford and BIS, you can find a huge differnce, may be because of that reason.

Are you already in Addis or you are moving soon. How old are your kids?

Same for me, my first option is Sandford or Bingham as they have native speaking teachers and seem to be good compared to other schools in terms of education and fees as well.

I have also checked for ICS (International Community School) but it is expensive for me.

Sousoudodi

did u check bingham?  they have connection with st mathew angelican church so why not u try in this way

Hi Ethioboy,

I didn't get your point. How can I find a place in Bingham, Can I do it through the church?

Hi Sousoudodi,

We have been out of touch lately. I was just wondering if you had any luck with finding a school for your child.

Hi virgoboy,

Yea we arrived here around late August and my son did a test in Sandford school and he was acepted there. He started couple of days after the school starts.

How about you?